Neighbor gave me this when I saw I was flying the EZ Plank.

legodragonxp

He said, "Here, I was going to throw it away, maybe you can make something of it." Here I am running 2-channel and he hands me a 1-channel plane.

So if I am reading this all correctly, a 7v/600ma Ni battery runs a formed-in EDF. You launch it with a ground anchor and slingshot like Wile E Coyote. It has a single channel 27MHz radio that only allows for the rudder to turn left and right. Flight continues until the power gets too low and the aircraft descends to the ground. I cannot imagine this was a popular design.

I might turn it in to a powered aircraft someday, but for now I'm keeping it as a Wing-That-Flew? concept.

WTF1.jpg

WTF2.jpg

WTF3.jpg

Tench745

Master member
If I remember correctly these were out sometime in the late 90's.
I had a pair of Sky-Rangers airplanes when I was a kid.The first was a yellow and white, free-flight, cessna-type airplane. The second was the same cessna airframe, but in green and purple with the same 27mhz 1ch radio this one has. I believe they're still kicking around here somewhere actually. Never saw this model though.

Timmy

Legendary member
Maybe you can mod that to be a 2ch with your own transmitter. or modify the slingshot to throw a foam board glider. That would be a cool challenge! Slingshoting a glider. But its to bad you don't have space. Whatever you do don't throw it away, that thing is precious!

Bricks

Master member
He said, "Here, I was going to throw it away, maybe you can make something of it." Here I am running 2-channel and he hands me a 1-channel plane.

So if I am reading this all correctly, a 7v/600ma Ni battery runs a formed-in EDF. You launch it with a ground anchor and slingshot like Wile E Coyote. It has a single channel 27MHz radio that only allows for the rudder to turn left and right. Flight continues until the power gets too low and the aircraft descends to the ground. I cannot imagine this was a popular design.

I might turn it in to a powered aircraft someday, but for now I'm keeping it as a Wing-That-Flew? concept.

View attachment 170146

View attachment 170147

View attachment 170148

I do not know what you are worried about heck that is all we had back in the mid to late 50`s were single channel nitro planes with rubber band powered acuators.