New 110% size Blunt Nose Versa Wing

Jimmyp

I just finished the build today and went out and did the maiden flight. I printed the plans at 110%. CG was perfect as per the plans. It flew for about 20 mins on a 3000 Mah battery. I could likely go 30 mins but I was having so much fun flying full speed most of the time. I took it up high and let it glide and it floats great. I am posting just the tail end of the 20 min long flight video as well as some details of the build.

MEGAjig

Very nice looking wing. As soon as I saw that snow on the ground I knew it was in Ontario.
Where did you get that good looking packing tape?

I built a similar wing last year and it flies great. I have to get my launch down because each time I toss it it's pretty sketchy.

I originally had it as a tractor and then switched the pod around into a pusher. I fly with 2 x 2200mah batteries and it could fly forever. I use a park 450 motor with a 9x6 prop.

VWB2.JPG VWB1.JPG photo 3.JPG VWB3.JPG

Very nice looking wing. As soon as I saw that snow on the ground I knew it was in Ontario.
Where did you get that good looking packing tape?

I built a similar wing last year and it flies great. I have to get my launch down because each time I toss it it's pretty sketchy.

I originally had it as a tractor and then switched the pod around into a pusher. I fly with 2 x 2200mah batteries and it could fly forever. I use a park 450 motor with a 9x6 prop.

View attachment 21959 View attachment 21960 View attachment 21961 View attachment 21962

I see a blunt nose pusher with power pod. let us know how that goes. been looking for a mod like this.

MEGAjig

Thanks Jimmyp

Nathan I built this last year and have been flying it a lot as a pusher with a modified power pod. It works great. This is my current setup.

Park 450 motor on a 9x6 prop
2 x 2200mah on the nose for CG
30A plush speed control
Frsky diversity receiver

IMG_4462.jpg IMG_4463.jpg IMG_4464.jpg IMG_4465.jpg IMG_4466.jpg

adamd

skunkworx hobbies
I like what you did with the duel antenna! great idea. defiantly going to steal that idea for my blunt nose, I have long wing plates which I can tape my antenna to on the vertical.

Jimmyp

I have now converted the wing for FPV. Here are the changes. I have installed 1w Orange LRS receiver, Cyclops Storm OSD with GPS and RTH functions, 5.8 ghz Clover leaf antenna from IB Crazy, 600w 5.8 ghz Immersion TX, and IB Crazy 433MHz Turnstyle UHF Antenna

See FPV flight footage

Here is the finished Wing
Clearview-20140421-00267.jpg
See Video Antenna and GPS module
Clearview-20140421-00270.jpg
Here is the Cyclops Storm OSD and video TX
Clearview-20140421-00271.jpg
Here is the first FPV flight. Shouldn't have tried it as it was way too windy It ended badly but with hardly any damage to the wing.
Here is the Second Flight with FPV.

Last edited: