New Alien rippage with side by side gates and a tight track.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
This is where I stand with the Alien currently.

I crashed Taz into one of these new gates and managed to eject the battery and breaking a weak (nearly no existent) factory solder joint on the XT 60 connector.
Makes ke wonder if poor power conduction isn't part of my tuning issue on him now.

Anyway back to the Alien... Getting this one settled down closer to hitting the full potential it has had to be a great flying quad for both Race and Freestyle. I even tossed to 5s pack on it after breaking TAZ since the pack was nearly full and it did well on the current tune. I just need to get a better mounting solution for the Runcam Split Camera as most of the shakes in the video is in the mount wobbling around. Probably too thick foam pad under it allowing it to rock a bit.

I can't wait to get Taz this dialed in.

Namactual

Elite member
Looks good man.(y)

You know you just hosed yourself though, I have a new request for that vid...
"If the symmetry where any more perfect I would weep."
Citizen G'Kar

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Was a bad day actually. I have 6 packs I can fly now and 4 of them were interrupted by unsupervised children whos parents were at the complex helping relatives move and letting their under 3 year old toddler run out in the play area on his own. Luckily there were a few kids who normally watch me fly from the play set and they kept track of him for me.

He ran right out in the middle of the field several times. The two girls knocked on the door and I assume the boys mom came out and told him to stay up on the patio. He told her no several times and she just went back inside leaving him to be looked after by someone else.
So this flight was the only full pack I got to actually put some effort into.

I REALLY hope this is not how the entire summer is going to be with the new tenants.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Looks good man.(y)

You know you just hosed yourself though, I have a new request for that vid...
"If the symmetry where any more perfect I would weep."
Citizen G'Kar

I knew that was coming hehe BUT my reprieve is there is no surfing involved so the effort on the guitar is unwarranted. Best my old fingers can do is maybe keep up as the rhythm player.

Namactual

Elite member
Aye, I am just givin you some :poop:.

Great flying though. That looks like fun. (y)
One of these days I will get around to working on my quad skills.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Looking good Psyborg. It's always good to have two quads around for when one goes down. The tune looks like my 5" KISS build with the prop wash and yaw shakes during hard turns. Tuning KISS for freestyle has always been a challenge for me, but for racing and cruising in straight lines KISS has been super smooth and locked in. Hope you get the Taz back up soon.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Looking good Psyborg. It's always good to have two quads around for when one goes down. The tune looks like my 5" KISS build with the prop wash and yaw shakes during hard turns. Tuning KISS for freestyle has always been a challenge for me, but for racing and cruising in straight lines KISS has been super smooth and locked in. Hope you get the Taz back up soon.

I have solved the mid throttle shakes for freestyle (with original style cameras) with higher P gains then you would think to stop at and using TPA to tweak them into oblivion.

The shakes are in the camera mount I had to rig up. I will be modding that again soon. When I put the Runcam split camera in the cradle holes would not allow the camera to fit in properly with the fat head lens on it. I could only get like 10 degree tilt AFTER forcing screws to line up and spreading the Aliens normal carbon camera plates. Right now its sitting on the U mount that comes with normal cameras on top of a 1/4 inch bed of motor box foam and only held in by one screw that barely clamps the frame.

IMG_0606.JPG

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Get 'em captain green beard! :)

That Alien sure does beg to go fast doesn't it.

Love the green paint job on the copter too. You kinda match. :p

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have to order props this month for TAZ. I am going to get a few sets of the 5050 and 5046 bi blades to see what they do for short track performance on both TAZ and the Alien. I REALLY need to get TAZ situated on 5s for FFO so I can hopefully get it clocked to confirm I have met my goal of 100+ mph officially.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well I decided to get the XT 60 resoldered back on to Taz and found this when I really looked at it. The worlds WORST factory solder joint EVER. The never even tinned the XT 60 ends. No wonder it pulled off so easy. I wish I could remember which part I got this pre made pig tail from so I could rip em a new one. ZERO excuse for a person working in an industrial manufacturing environment to let work like this slip by.

IMG_0608.JPG