Help! New and in need of quick guidance!

NavyDad87

Hello! I recently picked up a kit to build, the FT Cub, and was going to put the internals of my old Parkzone T-28D Trojan but have decided to just go for one of the power packs instead. On the packaging, it states to use the power pack “C” I believe, but I am having trouble finding one immediately and it’s even on back order online. I have found a “B” at my local hobby shop, would this suffice?! Is it going to be under powered ? Would I be wasting my time and money? I reaaaaaally just don’t want to waste more time I want to BUILD AND GET IN THE AIR AGAIN! Any help is appreciated. Located in San Diego, CA. ( need to do it before this weeks end, as my dad has come to spend the Easter week with my family and Grandpa is looking forward to some RC plane time with me and his new grandson.)

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Looks like power pack C has been replaced by power pack C V2. If you can not get that online, here is what it includes:

Pack Includes:
• (1) Motor - EMax GT2215/10 (1100kV)
• (1) ESC - Flite Test 35amp ESC
• (4) Servos - 9 Gram Emax ES08AII servo
• (1) Y-Lead (12")
• (4) Extensions (12")
• (6) Linkage Stoppers
• (2) HQ Propellers 10 x 4.5 Slow Fly
• (1) 1.5mm Allen Key
• (1) Phillips Screwdriver

Your local hobby shop may have similar motors and props available. I don't have experience with power pack B or C , or the FT Cub, so I can not say if power pack B will work, but others may be able to chime in.

Gazoo

Hello! I recently picked up a kit to build, the FT Cub, and was going to put the internals of my old Parkzone T-28D Trojan but have decided to just go for one of the power packs instead. On the packaging, it states to use the power pack “C” I believe, but I am having trouble finding one immediately and it’s even on back order online. I have found a “B” at my local hobby shop, would this suffice?! Is it going to be under powered ? Would I be wasting my time and money? I reaaaaaally just don’t want to waste more time I want to BUILD AND GET IN THE AIR AGAIN! Any help is appreciated. Located in San Diego, CA. ( need to do it before this weeks end, as my dad has come to spend the Easter week with my family and Grandpa is looking forward to some RC plane time with me and his new grandson.)
I have built a few cubs with B-packs. It flies just fine.

I think the C-pack is a little much for the cub unless it's on floats. My opinion tho.