New build spins out of control

Caesar

Hi everybody.
Im pretty new to FPV, started 2 months ago. I've finally made my own build. Flying in ANGLE-mode is no problem, but whenever i switch to ACRO and initiate a roll/flip my quad just spins in every direction and falls out of the sky. Im running it on BF4.3 and BLHeli32 32.8.

Components:
  • MAMBA H742 MK4
  • MAMBA F55_128K F4 ESC
  • ImpulseRC Apex frame
  • XING2 6S 1755K motors
  • MrSteele Runcam
  • Rush Tank Solo
All my current settings: https://filetransfer.io/data-package/6WpY5cZZ#link

I tried everything i could think of... Messing around with PID-tuning, permanently enabling AirMode, PWM-frequenzy, ... But i still lose control on full flip/roll. Also the motors are getting pretty hot.

Please can someone tell me whats going on? All answers are much appreciated!

Caesar

sounds like a loose wire or board component
I just double checked and i could not see anything loose. The FC is soft-mounted and everything else is screwed tight together.
There are only some unused wires from the cam which i dont need. So i shortened and isolated them, but everything else is fine.

I also pumped up my min_throttle to 10 in case this would cause the deathrolls on throttle-cut... I am literally out of any ideas :(

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
H
I just double checked and i could not see anything loose. The FC is soft-mounted and everything else is screwed tight together.
There are only some unused wires from the cam which i dont need. So i shortened and isolated them, but everything else is fine.

I also pumped up my min_throttle to 10 in case this would cause the deathrolls on throttle-cut... I am literally out of any ideas :(
hmmm can you upload DVR footage of it flying out of the sky? Sounds almost like when you do your flip it over currents the two motors that are spinning the fastest, and cuts them off for a second, causing the FC to go crazy

Liam B

Lol, just don't fly acro!

In all seriousness, have you tried recalibrating the accelerometer and gyro in BetaFlight (Setup Tab)? Also, are you sure the board is aligned properly in the Board and Sensor Alignment tab (Configuration > Board and Sensor Alignment)?

Caesar

Lol, just don't fly acro!

In all seriousness, have you tried recalibrating the accelerometer and gyro in BetaFlight (Setup Tab)? Also, are you sure the board is aligned properly in the Board and Sensor Alignment tab (Configuration > Board and Sensor Alignment)?

Hi, yes I recalibrating it like a 100 times... I even completely resoldered/rebuild everything just to be sure.
I am really guessing there's something wrong with FC or ESC. The new BMI270 gyro from the H7 may be the problem. So Im gonna replace the Mamba H743 with the Mamba F722 and look if there will still be any problems. But till everything arrives, I'll just wait and give you guys an update.

But thanks for every tip so far!

Liam B

Hi, yes I recalibrating it like a 100 times... I even completely resoldered/rebuild everything just to be sure.
I am really guessing there's something wrong with FC or ESC. The new BMI270 gyro from the H7 may be the problem. So Im gonna replace the Mamba H743 with the Mamba F722 and look if there will still be any problems. But till everything arrives, I'll just wait and give you guys an update.

But thanks for every tip so far!

Yep, I'd go with a different FC then for sure. Keep us posted.

Caesar

Alright, i finally replaced the MAMBA H7 with a MAMBA F722. Now everything is working as it should be.
I guess the support for H7-FCs (atleast with BMI270) is not the best...

Liam B

Alright, i finally replaced the MAMBA H7 with a MAMBA F722. Now everything is working as it should be.
I guess the support for H7-FCs (atleast with BMI270) is not the best...

I'm sure I'm gonna make someone mad by saying this, but the H7 is great and all, but I think F7s are just fine.