New build.. The Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing - done

pajaar

Yes, please! May we have some more, sir?! Seriously, it really is a pain to detail out the plans. I'm trying to do it now, so I sympathize. But those little jets are just so cool.

leaded50

Legendary member
agree, its a pain to make plans. Im more build as go, and use approx. measurements form scetches found.... and adjust to fit the design/build methode.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I'm not sure how I missed this but you did a superb job. The snow shot :love:. the faring molded into the bottom wing is so well done. did you describe it and I blew right past it? I would love to know more. I have a project in need of better Wing Fuse meshing.

leaded50

Legendary member
I'm not sure how I missed this but you did a superb job. The snow shot :love:. the faring molded into the bottom wing is so well done. did you describe it and I blew right past it? I would love to know more. I have a project in need of better Wing Fuse meshing.

Wing fairings is done with cardboard (easier to form), and a little lightweight filler used to get nice best transition between wing - fairing- fuselage. Cardboard you can even wet, to form even more. The fairings are not anyway the wingjoint, most estethic and just a little strengthen the wingmount.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Wing fairings is done with cardboard (easier to form), and a little lightweight filler used to get nice best transition between wing - fairing- fuselage. Cardboard you can even wet, to form even more. The fairings are not anyway the wingjoint, most estethic and just a little strengthen the wingmount.
merci. I know they aren't structural but they do improve the look of a plane.

leaded50

Legendary member
they do make the look a lot better yes.... a trick i mainly uses on such. even if gonna use fairings on talfin eg.. are cardboard from frozen pizzabox.. ;)