• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New Camera and Crowd Funding Idea

You have to watch on your cell phone for it to work the way it is supposed to.

I have a birthday coming up and decided to treat myself to a 360 camera. Even though my birthday is a few weeks out I mounted it on my mini quad within the hour of its arrival and proceeded to crash it twice in rapid succession, the second time requiring a new motor. After getting things patched up I managed to calm down enough to shoot this.

I really want to get another one of these and send it out to FGA to mount on his quad. I think I might throw up using Google cardboard to watch it, but it would be worth it!

DB

DharanFlyer

That is pretty great! Link to where you bought would be sweet. Also, it worked for me fine on YouTube. Just click and drag to move the camera.

Wow, I can not wait till this becomes a bigger thing and someone somewhere integrates one of theses cameras into headless mode on a flight controller with head tracking to change the FPV view

So the camera I am using is the Kodak SP360. It is about the same size as a gopro but a bit heavier at 1/3 pound. Holding a go pro in one hand and the Kodak in the other there was a noticeable difference in weight.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NFTHQW8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I got mine for $209 used, but you can't tell by looking at it. It came in the original packaging including the battery which was still in the plastic.

It did take me a bit to get used to flying with it on the front of my quad, and I need to print a shim to change the angle a bit, or fly more aggressively. :)

As for mounting it for FPV it does have a HDMI output and wifi, but there would be significant lag with wifi and I can see how range would be limited...It is pretty cool though for sharing videos on youtube where people can look around.

I really want to send one to FGA and some of the other really good pilots. I imagine flying through an abandoned building or doing some flips and tricks with one of these mounted... X-D

DB

Sun was out on the way home from work yesterday so I met the wife at the farm and went for a fly. Oddly I have never flown this quad at this field without having some sort of interfierence issues leading to loss of control and a crash...The controls just randomly get soft and the quad sort of stops responding leading to me crashing out. Today it only happened once though so not too bad. I also have some tuning to do with the additional weight.

DB

I'm going to keep shooting these, but this is the last video I will link to this thread. I think it would be really cool to get one of these camera's for some of the more aggressive pilots on the forum...I would enjoy seeing the video...

DB