New diversity module wavy?

jtimpano108

I got the true-d diversity module to use on my fatshark focal v2 which from what I understand are the same as attitude v4 internally and for whatever reason the video signal gets shaky and wavy and is very hard to see I tried swapping my friends rapid fire module in and that did the same thing on my goggles but with the same channel and same band with the stock module everything is fine...are these goggles not capable of using other modules other then the one it comes with? Or is there a setting that needs to be changed on the module? Before I send back the module I'd like to make sure that it isnt a dumb fix that I dont know about

jtimpano108

Have you tried Fatshark customer service?
I sent them an email this morning but haven't heard back yet I did get a hold of spektrum and they didn't have much to say besides the module must not work with the goggles but I've seen people with the same setup... does fatshark have a phone number?

FDS

Elite member
I have a TrueD module but it’s in Dominator V3’s. I am from the school of if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. If a single set up works then a diversity set up isn’t bringing anything extra. It’s illegal to fly beyond LOS here so not that useful to have more than 500m range, which a good single can do with a decent omni and reasonable VTX power output.
My true D has been OK, I got it with the goggles, I wouldn’t buy one if I was buying now.

jtimpano108

I have a TrueD module but it’s in Dominator V3’s. I am from the school of if it’s not broken, don’t fix it. If a single set up works then a diversity set up isn’t bringing anything extra. It’s illegal to fly beyond LOS here so not that useful to have more than 500m range, which a good single can do with a decent omni and reasonable VTX power output.
My true D has been OK, I got it with the goggles, I wouldn’t buy one if I was buying now.

The reason I got the module was because my original one broke and its discontinued and I cant get the same one it had

FDS

Elite member
Ouch. Hope you get a fix. Sorry I can’t be more help. Have you checked the power supply internally? Wavy lines are usually a ground problem.