New Dx6i not charging batteries fully or is it?

Liemavick

Mentor
Hey all I recently purchased a new DX6I and its turned out to be a great little Tx. One thing I have noticed with the stock batteries it wont charge over 5.6v, even after charging 24 hours. Is this normal or do I have another issue I need to tend to. Thanks for your time and replies.

Brian

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I have had mine for over a year and the batteries that came with it are still being used. They charge up to 5.6-5.7 volts and that is about it. I have been flying on them since new and I have had no issues at all.

I am guessing that it is normal, have you had any range issues or anything?

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
In looking at the manual, the low battery alarm will go off at 4.8 volts. I would say that you are good with 5.6 volts.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I've been using my DX6i with the original batteries since 2010 and mine charges to 6.0v, but then quickly drops to 5.8v and stays there a while. I get a lot of flying time out of a charge before the low battery alarm goes off.

Liemavick

Mentor
Thanks Gents, sounds like Im good to go. No range issues Ive noticed, just was noticing the charge bar in the display always seemed never to get past 3/4's. I'm still new to this game so Im dotting my I's and crossing my T's as I learn.

Thanks again,
Brian

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Do Spektrum deliver original charger and batteries to the DX6i in the US?
Those i have (in EU) got did not contain any rechargable batteries.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Mine included spektrum rechargeable batteries and the AC adapter wall charger. Mine did however come set in Euro mode which limits output to 100mW. One can change this to US mode and get 200mW.