New FLITE TEST Membership program on YOUTUBE!

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey Everyone!

We have some exciting news to share!! We just got the approval to move forward with our Flite Test Membership program on youtube!! If you do not know much about it here is a breakdown for everyone ;)

There is now a JOIN button (can't be seen on IOS, Yet!) that lives on our Youtube channel right next to the subscribe button. This button allows for you to access our Flite Test Membership program. The program consists of certain PERKS and Special Items/Icons that help to reward members. So, essentially for $4.99/month, you get access to:
1)Early Bird Pre-Release Viewing on certain content a day or so early before anyone else! (This also includes posting before anyone else also!)
2)On the note of posting... This also comes with a special Loyalty Badge that lives right next to your name so that you post on the channel you stand out with an awesome badge connected to your name! That icon also changes the longer that you are a member - 6 in all (New member, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 year)
3) EMOJI'S!! We have also prepared multiple special emoji's that can be used exclusively by members during live chats!
4) Lastly, we will be updating/adding PERKS and emoji's to the program as well... these could include coupon codes, specialty icons, exclusive livestreams, members only Q&A's! So, there is always something to look forward to as the program goes on and as you stay involved! ;)

*Link to become a member: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9zTuyWffK9ckEz1216noAw/join
*Or you can go to youtube and hit the JOIN button!

As we said before we are super excited for the launch of this program and we just wanted to share that information with ya! We know without a doubt that we have the best community in the world and we are blessed to be able to call you all FAMILY! We want to thank each and everyone of you for being an awesome support and participant in what Flite Test IS and what Flite Test DOES! Without you none of this would or could be possible and we can't wait for what the rest of this year and 2019 has to offer!

Blessings everyone and have a wonderful thanksgiving!
All the best,
The Flite Test Team

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not sure what "extras" were in the works for the support but I will say this.

Would it not benefit FT better to do a patreon account and link all their videos to it for fund raising?

That way people who could afford a subscription could easily do one and others like myself could contribute here and there. Just dont start spamming in videos like others have.

I stopped watching every Bardwell video after he started his pateon and went full on beg mode. Same with Stu on uavfutures. Bad enough dealing with googles intrusions but when they started cutting in with their own commercials that was it for me.

I used to be very loyal and watch every video as well as point people to their pages. When they started segregating and excluding people over extra money beyond ads i stopped so they lost me and whom ever else I would have sent their way.

DONT GO THAT ROUTE please.

d8veh

Elite member
I can see a bit of a dilemma here. Flitetest has always been about cheap and easy access to RC flying. It's been extremely successful, so has grown rapidly. When organisations get to a certain size, the accountants start to take charge and all ethics go out the window. I hope that doesn't happen to Flitetest, but I think it's inevitable.

Look on the bright side. At least this membership scheme is optional. Personally, I can't see that there's anything for me in it. The way I see it, it's basically pay some money and jump the queues, which is not a principle I support, but I accept that I'm not a typical punter.

Chuppster

I echo this. If we are supposed to be a family, let's not separate ourselves into the haves and have nots, the premium members and the peasants. I know it's just FT trying to make revenue, but that's what their store should be for. I liked how we were all together, nobody is better than anyone else, and anyone's crazy idea can be as cool as the others. let's keep it that way please.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
I don't want to have to pay 60$ a year to prove that I'm loyal. You guys make airplanes...not emojis so I plan on spending my 60$ on planes from you guys. Not that I'm not loyal, I would just rather put this money towards your store or new location. It just feels like now I have to pay for something I was getting before.

Last edited:

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey everybody!

Thanks for the feedback and also thank you for your honesty! ;) . We always appreciate that!

So, just to clarify this is not a program to segregate people or community members. This program is a way to reward our followers with fun perks that enhance their experience on the channel AND the store. Also, this program is completely optional for whoever wants to participate! We are still going to provide free plans, free video content, free articles etc! ;)

ONE of the big perks that is going to be available to all of those who participate is a coupon code for you all to use on the store that essentially GIVES you your money back that you spent on the membership per month! It will be something similar to a "spend $50 get $5 off" or "spend $100 get $10 off" which will in turn either return you $4.99 membership fee or exceed it.

One other perk that is exciting is that you will get the opportunity to see content(not any extra content, just the same content that would normally be uploaded on the channel) 24 hours or so EARLIER than anyone else! You would also be able to comment and post on the video as well. This is just a fun perk that we think brings a lot of value for the participant if they choose to view the video early! They can also view the video when its posts to the channel as well if they so choose!

Lastly, the other perks like badges and emoji's are just another way to enhance the fun and experience on the channel for everybody who wants to participate ;)

Anywho, I hope this brings some clarity to everything! We are excited about this program to help reward people who want to participate and who want to enjoy the channel even further than they already do without having to really do anything for the extra perks(with the coupons etc)

Looking forward to seeing what y'all think and I hope all is well guys!

Blessings and happy flying!
Stefan

kilroy07

Legendary member
At first, I was a little put off by this, but now that I think about it... (and your clarification) I think it's a great idea.

I know the younger ones all clamor to post "First"... so for them I'm sure it would be worth $5/Month...
For me, if I catch a video a week later I'm doing good. :LOL:

And if it keeps you guys in business, ALL the BETTER!

Personally, I'll just support you with a huge foamboard order! (or the new radial motors, or the thicker foamboard... or the...)

Blessings and Love
Timothy

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
At first, I was a little put off by this, but now that I think about it... (and your clarification) I think it's a great idea.

I know the younger ones all clamor to post "First"... so for them I'm sure it would be worth $5/Month...
For me, if I catch a video a week later I'm doing good. :LOL:

And if it keeps you guys in business, ALL the BETTER!

Personally, I'll just support you with a huge foamboard order! (or the new radial motors, or the thicker foamboard... or the...)

Blessings and Love
Timothy

Thanks for the support timothy and for being an awesome supporter of Flite Test! So glad to have you a part of the family!

Blessings and keep on havin fun flyin!
Stefan

JTarmstr

Elite member
This seems like a great idea, as long as i can see the two FT videos a week, i am fine with it. i will probably support you guys with purchases of more foam, motors and airplanes though.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
This seems like a great idea, as long as i can see the two FT videos a week, i am fine with it. i will probably support you guys with purchases of more foam, motors and airplanes though.

YEP! nothing changes on the content side... still pushing out 1-2 videos every week ;)
Thanks for the support as well my friend! Means the world!

Blessings,
Stefan

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Not sure what "extras" were in the works for the support but I will say this.

Would it not benefit FT better to do a patreon account and link all their videos to it for fund raising?

That way people who could afford a subscription could easily do one and others like myself could contribute here and there. Just dont start spamming in videos like others have.

I stopped watching every Bardwell video after he started his pateon and went full on beg mode. Same with Stu on uavfutures. Bad enough dealing with googles intrusions but when they started cutting in with their own commercials that was it for me.

I used to be very loyal and watch every video as well as point people to their pages. When they started segregating and excluding people over extra money beyond ads i stopped so they lost me and whom ever else I would have sent their way.

DONT GO THAT ROUTE please.

Hey Psy!! ;)
Just wanted to first off say .. HELLO my friend! ;)

Secondly, nothing really changes on content. Every video will still be posted as usual. This program is really for anyone who wants to support the channel in another way if they feel like they are getting the value that they putting out in return! ;) . No spamming and NO pressure or begging for anything! We will never ever go there! You have my word! ha

Lastly, we have thought about a Patreon before, but have never moved forward with it up to this point. Maybe in the future, but for now, we are going to keep everything the same, but just add a few more fun perks for anyone who wants to participate ;)

Blessings my brother and hope all is well!
Stefan

JTarmstr

Elite member
YEP! nothing changes on the content side... still pushing out 1-2 videos every week ;)
Thanks for the support as well my friend! Means the world!

Blessings,
Stefan

Great to know, love that you guys are willing to take the time and ask your viewers what they think.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
This now sounds like a better idea. At first it seemed like you were taking something standard and hiding it behind a paywall but now it looks as if it is just a perk that you can choose to get. I love that you are able to communicate with the community as it really does make a better connection between you guys and the community. I think I'll sign up for this considering it will save me money in the long run. Thanks again for the well orchestrated communication and happy flying!

I can see this is about inclusion, not exclusion. As long as new content isn't filtered through this membership I think it's a good thing to lock in the demographic who loves being current. I think people got scared because flite test had always been about lowering the barrier to entry on flight. I have great respect for your morals and I know you'll do the right thing with any of your future programs. Thanks again for the daily inspiration.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You all are an inspiration to us and we LOVE to engage with you and have engage with us(JUST like a family) You guys make us what we are and we are super grateful for that! BEST community(family) EVER!! ha

Blessings and thanks for kind words and feedback! You all rock!
Stefan

basslord1124

Master member
Numbers 1 and 4 are about the benefits I see here for me. I hardly use emojis in my posts here lol. :Do_O:p Crap :poop:, ya caught me!

I know some people really fight for those first comments on a video. Me, not so much, BUT I think it's cool to do that for the community and those that want to partake in that. And on a similar note, keep doing the social media LIVE stuff. I have caught you all a time or two when you went live on Instagram..very neat! And I think additional perks like coupon codes, etc. is cool too.

I think some people really would benefit from all the perks of this service, so I say try it out and see what happens. If it don't work, it don't work. You'll still have supporters regardless.

While I do see some benefit for myself, I probably won't be able to participate right off the bat. With our new baby, money has been tight and I'll probably save my money to support you guys in other ways. Maybe when things turn around, I might try it for a little while.