New FLITE TEST Membership program on YOUTUBE!

sai lee

Flite test is amazing when it comes to making cool looking planes and projects and always finds a way to make things fly and I am very inspired by this and would like Flite Test to continue their amazing journey in RC flight so I will join Flite test and I hope everyone else does too!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I got back into the hobby 2 years ago after a long absence and that was in part down to the Flite Test team, so thanks for that. Since then I have managed to scratch built a lot of your models over the last 2 years and watched virtually every video you have released on You Tube. I have sang your praises to anyone who would listen and to some who didn't want to listen Ive become an RC flite test bore.
However, sadly of late I have lost interest in the videos. This due mainly to the fact that basic model builds of the early days have dried up. All we tend to get now is the Master series and a selection of videos showing monster builds. Dont get me wrong, I have enjoyed watching both and will one day in the near future build a Master series plane.

However, the enjoyment I once use to get from watching build videos of the simple planes and swappables has gradually dried up (with the exception of the recent release of the Simple Stick). As someone in an earlier thread pointed out, you have moved on from the Flite Test of the early days and are now concentrating on building and maintaining the buisness. Thats understandable I guess, as a business grows making money and keeping your business afloat, takes priority over the initial reason for starting it in the first place.

I have always held the Flite Test team in the highest regard, but I think you might have lost your way a little as you have grown and expanded. I miss the simplicity and fun factor that your video content use to have, your builds have become a little over indulgent and outside the scope of most average modellers, the monster builds for example.
So now I tend use the Flite Test forum instead of watching your videos. I can talk to like minded individuals about our shared experiences of building models, modifications we have used and how they flew. Best of all people have started to build there own designs and pass them on to others to share. So the process of building affordable planes that can be built on a budget in a few hours lives on and is still growing.

I will take this opportunity to thank you all for the enjoyment you have given me and my son and for giving me the enthusiasm again for the hobby. I wish you well in your future ventures and hope they bring you as much success as your past ones have.
All the best.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I got back into the hobby 2 years ago after a long absence and that was in part down to the Flite Test team, so thanks for that. Since then I have managed to scratch built a lot of your models over the last 2 years and watched virtually every video you have released on You Tube. I have sang your praises to anyone who would listen and to some who didn't want to listen Ive become an RC flite test bore.
However, sadly of late I have lost interest in the videos. This due mainly to the fact that basic model builds of the early days have dried up. All we tend to get now is the Master series and a selection of videos showing monster builds. Dont get me wrong, I have enjoyed watching both and will one day in the near future build a Master series plane.

However, the enjoyment I once use to get from watching build videos of the simple planes and swappables has gradually dried up (with the exception of the recent release of the Simple Stick). As someone in an earlier thread pointed out, you have moved on from the Flite Test of the early days and are now concentrating on building and maintaining the buisness. Thats understandable I guess, as a business grows making money and keeping your business afloat, takes priority over the initial reason for starting it in the first place.

I have always held the Flite Test team in the highest regard, but I think you might have lost your way a little as you have grown and expanded. I miss the simplicity and fun factor that your video content use to have, your builds have become a little over indulgent and outside the scope of most average modellers, the monster builds for example.
So now I tend use the Flite Test forum instead of watching your videos. I can talk to like minded individuals about our shared experiences of building models, modifications we have used and how they flew. Best of all people have started to build there own designs and pass them on to others to share. So the process of building affordable planes that can be built on a budget in a few hours lives on and is still growing.

I will take this opportunity to thank you all for the enjoyment you have given me and my son and for giving me the enthusiasm again for the hobby. I wish you well in your future ventures and hope they bring you as much success as your past ones have.
All the best.
Agreed, I'd love to see a new plane with the low poly look of the Edge, and also a nice and simple planes (like the Simple Stick we recently got, which was cool), and perhaps a new twin engine boxish, purely functional plane.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I was building my FT Edge today and it occured to me there is a lot of work that goes into preparing the foam board to a stage that is equivelent to a Flite test kit.
However, is the price difference between a kit and scratch build justified ?
I can buy x10 A1 sheets of foam board off Ebay for approx £20 GBP which is roughly $26.5 USD. From that I can build 3 decent size planes, yet to buy an FT Edge kit in the UK it costs around £60 GBP, which only compromises of the laser cut foam and plywood parts.
Yep the build time will reduced significantly, and the foam boards weather proof so no minwax or varnish treatment needed.
I will leave this one up to you guys. 20201127_144254.jpg 20201127_151253.jpg

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I was building my FT Edge today and it occured to me there is a lot of work that goes into preparing the foam board to a stage that is equivelent to a Flite test kit.
I can buy x10 A1 sheets of foam board off Ebay for approx £20 GBP which is roughly $26.5 USD. From that I can build 3 decent size planes, yet to buy an FT Edge kit in the UK it costs around £60 GBP, which only compromises of the laser cut foam and plywood parts.
Yep the build time will reduced significantly, and the foam boards weather proof so no minwax or varnish treatment needed.
I will leave this one up to you guys. View attachment 184474 View attachment 184475
My guess would be less material costs, but time. Lasers consume a lot of electricity, and they also take a good amount of time to cut a kit. Lasers are also expensive and can set stuff on fire, which happened a while back with the first laser cutter, I think video's on one of Ft's dead second channels. Plus, you need people to work the lasers and put the kits together, along with qc. And on top of that people need to make a profit 🙂 Cool plane too 👍

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
After quite some time since this has launched, IMO it went better than I expected. There haven't been plugs for the membership that I can remember besides when it launched, and us non members have still had a good stream of content. I guess thag may be since the membership content stopped though.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I will leave this one up to you guys. View attachment 184474 View attachment 184475

Most of your costs over seas though are from shipping and taxes. Not to mention the mark up for the distributor. FT kits were very reasonable when they were doing them on site at the old place. Once AMain took that over the mark up and crackhead shipping is what killed the real value of the kits. Over all though here in the states it is still a decent value for the quality of the kits. Not sure what AMain Customer support is like but OG FT support was awesome if you were respectful with your inquiries regarding any problems.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Most of your costs over seas though are from shipping and taxes. Not to mention the mark up for the distributor. FT kits were very reasonable when they were doing them on site at the old place. Once AMain took that over the mark up and crackhead shipping is what killed the real value of the kits. Over all though here in the states it is still a decent value for the quality of the kits. Not sure what AMain Customer support is like but OG FT support was awesome if you were respectful with your inquiries regarding any problems.

Amain support was horrible. When my FT p-47sbk had some incorrect parts (the same ones that were incorrect in the plans, it took them 2 days for the guy they escalated it to to call me back. When they sent me a replacement, it too was still wrong. On their second one they sent me, the maker foam one, it worked, but it was outrageous to have to wait a total of 2 weeks to have an incorrect part replaced. Although, I did get 2 extra p-47 sbks...

I hadn't discovered Flitetest before they moved to AMain, but it was probably way better I think the move to "APain" was ill-advised, and they could switch back to doing it themselves.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I've had amazing support from them. I've had several issues with products and they were quick to respond and make it all right.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
I found the program content fell off. Thus so did my support.
Hey bud!
Sorry for the delay in some of the content streams with the program, we have had a ton of issues arise from a bandwidth perspective AND overall internet issues etc.

I am happy to report though that Members should start to see regular content coming through the that program soon! We actually have also started to roll out AD FREE content opportunities on the Members program. This content will be, when applicable, free from sponsorship segments and also free from Ads that pop up from Youtube!

Thank you all for supporting us through everything and we wouldn't be here without the amazing FT community as a whole! Love yall!
Be on the lookout for cool stuff coming soon!

Blessings,
FT Team