New Flite Test Store

jack10525

The prices for speed build planes with shipping have sky rocketed. It's now cheaper to just buy a pnf planes elsewhere. Plus you won't spend hours building and hope if flies well.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
The prices for speed build planes with shipping have sky rocketed. It's now cheaper to just buy a pnf planes elsewhere. Plus you won't spend hours building and hope if flies well.

prices + shipping looks to be the same as it was a year ago to me.
not sure why you would need to 'hope for it to fly well', the FT designs all seem to work quite well.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
It depends on the SBK. Most are still the same price as several years ago - but if you count the sheets of foam in the kit you will quickly see the relationship - bigger planes, more foam, more expensive SBK.

Shipping? Well, they offer multiple options, plus that's what happens when we are 100,000 truckers short in the U.S. Shipping overseas? Fewer dock workers, fewer ships...

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
there is also now the ftgroups.com seems like flying locations.
flying groups.
etc....

They came out with FT Groups YEARS ago, but it sort of faded away.

Maybe they're hoping to revamp it to work with the FTCA. It was a great idea, that just didn't catch on.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
not sure why you would need to 'hope for it to fly well', the FT designs all seem to work quite well.

If your build skills are limited, then that could be an issue.

But that's always been the case, all the way back to when balsa kits were your only option. I remember the local hobby shop, the old man sat in a corner, building kits for people. There were also ARFs that still took a bit of skill, but were easier.

So now it's the same. You can buy a foam kit, which is easily more expensive than a RTF. You're going to need all the materials, tools, and assorted supplies to put that kit together. If you're buying a kit, it's because you want to build what you fly.

boogieloo

Thank you. I have one of the pack c ESC twin engines. I made a model of my own. I ordered it a couple months ago or so. Maybe in June. So still new haven't taken the airplane out to test flight. I hope to get it out sometimes soon. It looks good from first glance. I think I'm going to like this hobby model airplane building. From scratch. If this maiden flight goes through, you'll be hearing more of me in the years ahead and the hobby. From Honolulu, Hawai'i, Kapiolani park, Waikiki.

Mr.Grinch

boogieloo, where do you fly? Do you know others who fly as well? I had heard about a place in Kailua off Kapaa Quarry, but never did run into anyone. I was kind of out of the hobby at the time so it wasn’t really a priority at the time, but if I move back, I’d love to know where to go to meet up with some like minded people.

jack10525

$40 for the speed build kit on average and another 50-80 for electronics. If your build is sloppy it won’t fly well or at all. I just think for me pnf planes are a better choice. Minimal build and Just put a receiver in and go fly.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
$40 for the speed build kit on average and another 50-80 for electronics. If your build is sloppy it won’t fly well or at all. I just think for me pnf planes are a better choice. Minimal build and Just put a receiver in and go fly.

yup, that is what the prices were a year ago. if you don't trust your build skills, don't disagree with picking PNF options, but that doesn't mean the prices went up for the SBKs (2 different things).

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I bought from Amain before. What is the difference with Flite Test Store? Aren't they the same?
Amain Hobbies used to be the only FT Store. Flite Test opened their own store this past Summer, abut Amain still sells from their inventory of FT items. I assume Amain will eventually run out of FT inventory.

boogieloo

Nova Scotia was a flight # 111 Swiss Air in September 2, 1998. It crashed off the waters of Nova Scotia. Canada. From New York. Big time news. Just commenting on your code name.

Thanks. But they sold me one anyway. Pack c twin edition. It was cool. I liked it. I never needed their kits. So it was okay.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Nova Scotia was a flight # 111 Swiss Air in September 2, 1998. It crashed off the waters of Nova Scotia. Canada. From New York. Big time news. Just commenting on your code name.

Thanks. But they sold me one anyway. Pack c twin edition. It was cool. I liked it. I never needed their kits. So it was okay.
I remember Swiss Air #111. Almost every time I flew to Europe, I flew over St Johns or Goose Bay, or Gander when I headed out over the North Atlantic or when I was coming back. The first sight of Canada coming back from Europe was after over 4 hours of open water, so it was welcome sight.

Last edited:

boogieloo

boogieloo, where do you fly? Do you know others who fly as well? I had heard about a place in Kailua off Kapaa Quarry, but never did run into anyone. I was kind of out of the hobby at the time so it wasn’t really a priority at the time, but if I move back, I’d love to know where to go to meet up with some like minded people.
Soon I will be at the Waikiki area. I will let you know here when that happens and what time. I'll be testing the one I made. Then I'll buy a spitFire. Kapiolani Park. Nice area about 5:30 pm. Not sure what day yet because I'm busy and so is the other who comes along and gives me a ride in his car to carry my airplane. Here is the airplane I will be testing. Kapiolani Park. Waiting on the TATTU BATTERY.

Wondering who I am? I was born and raised in Honolulu. I went to Roosevelt High School Rough Riders. Graduated in 1986. That is it and that's all I can say about myself.:cool:

Day: Saturday, TBA
Time: 5:30 pm
Event: me flying my airplane.
Who: me.
Location: Kapiolani Park in Waikiki, Honolulu. I'll be at the tennis end of Kapiolani Park, next to Diamond Head crater tennis court.

Attachments

• WIN_20211025_14_41_09_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20211025_14_41_09_Pro.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: