Help! New flyer needs help

wccox11

First time to fly this plane: Volantexrc Rc Glider Airplane Ranger600, I'm new at flying and this thing flies inverted. I was surprised that it even flew as immediately after launch it goes inverted and I am able to still control it. How I don't know. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the receiver. What say you gurus? I would appreciate any suggestions to over come this problem. When I want it to go up, I pull the elevator to go up and it goes up just the plane is inverted. When I want it to land, I push elevator down and it lands upside down.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
First time to fly this plane: Volantexrc Rc Glider Airplane Ranger600, I'm new at flying and this thing flies inverted. I was surprised that it even flew as immediately after launch it goes inverted and I am able to still control it. How I don't know. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the receiver. What say you gurus? I would appreciate any suggestions to over come this problem. When I want it to go up, I pull the elevator to go up and it goes up just the plane is inverted. When I want it to land, I push elevator down and it lands upside down.
Do the flitetest Hi!5 test

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member

That's really weird, I've never had that happen before! It has a 6-axis gyro, right? Maybe it has to be calibrated. Look in the owners manual, it should tell you how to calibrate it.

Let me know what happens.

wccox11

That's really weird, I've never had that happen before! It has a 6-axis gyro, right? Maybe it has to be calibrated. Look in the owners manual, it should tell you how to calibrate it.

Let me know what happens.
I have calibrated it before each attempt to fly. I am wondering, the receiver and servos are attached on a small circuit board. I think maybe the servos are wired backwards or something.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I have calibrated it before each attempt to fly. I am wondering, the receiver and servos are attached on a small circuit board. I think maybe the servos are wired backwards or something.

Yes, you could be right. Is there a diagram of the circuit board in the manual? Are the wires soldered on or do they have plugs?

FDS

Elite member
If the plane turns ITSELF over after launch and STAYS there without any input then the gyro is the problem. Does it do that with stabilisation turned off?
It shouldn’t stay inverted, the servos are not reversed. You need to apply control inputs to maintain inverted flight in most planes with any dihedral or high wings.

wccox11

If the plane turns ITSELF over after launch and STAYS there without any input then the gyro is the problem. Does it do that with stabilisation turned off?
It shouldn’t stay inverted, the servos are not reversed. You need to apply control inputs to maintain inverted flight in most planes with any dihedral or high wings.
You may have a point. I will try with the gyro turned off.

FDS

Elite member
Go really easy on the controls with the gyro off. Usually “expert” mode has full surface deflection and limited expo.

Bricks

Master member
Doing some googling on this plane not a bunch of info, did you go thru the gyro calibration, one other person had the same issue and for some reason his corrected itself. I was looking for a manual on line but had no luck.