New Foam Board at Walmart 0.88C sheet

FeWolf

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ross-20-x-30-White-Foam-Board/44640661

About this item

Ross White Foam Board works well for presentations, signs, architectural models or mounting. This board is 3/16 of an inch thick and the foam surface accepts glue, paint and markers and cuts easily.

Ross 20" x 30" White Foam Board:

3/16" thickness
Foam surface accepts glue, paint and markers
Works well for presentations, signs, craft projects, architectural models and mounting
Made in the USA

Specifications
Model No.: 950033
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 20.0 x 30.0 x 0.18
Origin of Components: USA
Walmart No.: 553625519

run my first build on it. so far better than Adams board, which lately has had alot of lumps in it.:(

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Have you compared the weight? I'll have to check this out. Thank for the heads-up.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
Is it available yet? I went to a couple Walmart stores in my area and they didn't have it, only Elmers foam board.

Jaxx

I picked up three sheets today. I had to pick through the ones they had displayed to find the "nice" sheets, as some had creases and dents from mishandling or shipping.

FeWolf

$0.88 per sheet? Am I reading that correctly?
yes you are!
Adams board 4.1g
Ross 4.7g

Peels easy

Building a plane now, actually two.
I will say onething, the white paper is BRIGHT!
as far as painting it, I have an airbush system, my compressor is down so I am looking at getting one in 2 weeks or so

Last edited:

FeWolf

not every Walmart stocks the same, I drink a beer that is in one Walmart, and not in any of the others in my area, which there are 6 Super Walmarts here.
SO Call ahead and ask. Or go to post#1 put in your zip code and it will tell you;)
first build IMG_20150510_133821104_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
yes you are!
Adams board 4.1g
Ross 4.7g

Peels easy

Building a plane now, actually two.
I will say onething, the white paper is BRIGHT!
as far as painting it, I have an airbush system, my compressor is down so I am looking at getting one in 2 weeks or so

Does the paper come off easier than Adams board?

Jaxx

The same, no difference for me, I actually like it more than Adams Board, no klumps so far!
It seems alittle softer, it may just be me.

I agree. They do feel softer. The sheets I have are smooth on both sides, but I had to go through the lot they had on display in order to find boards that were smooth on both sides.

RAM

checked the zipcode, one walmart near me has them in stock. will pick some up later this week to compare.

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I am getting extremely frustrated with Walmart. I've checked two stores and called two more. All say they have the foam board in stock online, but none actually have them, or at least don't have them on the floor. And I can't even order it online and pick it up! What a joke

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I picked some up over lunch today. The paper looks nicer than Adams. I will try to build with it and report back.

I built my first airplane from the Ross foam and have since moved to the Adams board. The first plane didn't last through two crashes and I attribute that to weight of the build. Now I use the Adams boards and glue as little as possible to get my build as light as possible and now they are very durable and handle crashes well often getting little to no damage even when I think they are completely destroyed.

Jaxx

I built my first airplane from the Ross foam and have since moved to the Adams board. The first plane didn't last through two crashes and I attribute that to weight of the build. Now I use the Adams boards and glue as little as possible to get my build as light as possible and now they are very durable and handle crashes well often getting little to no damage even when I think they are completely destroyed.

Great to know.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I tested the ross foam out on an FT spitfire today. The foam seems to be lightly glued to the paper, which made the A and B folds a little difficult to clear. It takes light coats of paint well, but wrinkles easily with heavier coats that soaked in. It is slightly more flexible and softer than DTFB, but once the airframe was complete, I noticed no real difference, save that the power pod needed slight bracing at the tabs. I also accidentally tested the foam's ability to handle water damage, as the motor fell out of the gearbox, and I was forced to land in a sopping wet field. The foam dried with no lifting of the paper, warpage, or wrinkling. All in all, I'm very satisfied with this new foam board, especially for 88 cents. :D