New from Texas

A3M0N

Hey everyone. I've always wanted to get into r/c airplanes but its been too cost prohibitive. I found the Flite Test plans recently and built a LongEZ as a glider, then helped my 12 y/o daughter build a Sparrow (she's really into STEM stuff already, has aspirations of working with SpaceX), and will be building a Tiny Trainer with my 10 y/o son soon.

We'd like to make at least one of those r/c in the future. We'll probably buy one piece at a time for a while.

I spent most of my active duty Air Force career as an F-15E crew chief, then as an intelligence analyst working with Predator/Reaper video. I'm back to working on aircraft in the AF Reserve, F-16s this time. My dad was also a crew chief, but on C-141s and C-17s. I still like airplanes even after the AF worked me half to death!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome to the Forum Family! You've already got the family involved. You're doing it right. Any questions that come up, just throw up a thread for it. We'd love to help.

Seahunter

Hey everyone. I've always wanted to get into r/c airplanes but its been too cost prohibitive. I found the Flite Test plans recently and built a LongEZ as a glider, then helped my 12 y/o daughter build a Sparrow (she's really into STEM stuff already, has aspirations of working with SpaceX), and will be building a Tiny Trainer with my 10 y/o son soon.

We'd like to make at least one of those r/c in the future. We'll probably buy one piece at a time for a while.

I spent most of my active duty Air Force career as an F-15E crew chief, then as an intelligence analyst working with Predator/Reaper video. I'm back to working on aircraft in the AF Reserve, F-16s this time. My dad was also a crew chief, but on C-141s and C-17s. I still like airplanes even after the AF worked me half to death!
Welcome to the flite test community. Thank You for your service! :)

A3M0N

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I forgot to mention I finished 2/3 of the classes for my A&P license from Embry Riddle before I retrained to intelligence from aircraft maintenance. If any of you are young and want to work on aircraft there's a program in the Air Force that allows you to get the training requirements for your A&P test tickets for free while on the job. You can also use 100% tuition assistance if you want to go to a school like Embry Riddle. Just throwing that out there.