New FT Arrow w/ Power Pack F

pdeyo

Need help in getting the motor and esc setup. When I give throttle up motor just jerks forward a little bit. As I give more throttle, the motor stops and esc sounds a series of beeps
I started out my turning on radio set throttle to full, plugged battery in, after a long series of beeps, I lowered the throttle and got another series of beeps. Unplugged battery, plugged in battery and after a series of startup beep, applied throttle. This is now the jerk motion the motor is doing.
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thanks

Airkaos

Check the screws, they might be too long and touching the windings. also check with a tester, there should be continuity between the 3 motor leads, when the motor jerks like you explain makes it sound like is missing one of the 3 lines.

pdeyo

Thanks I figured out what is. With Power Pack F ...the pod that the motor mounts to has to slid into a very small cavity on the FT Arrow. The wires coming out the motor had a very long and stiff insulator around them. So in order get the motor pod to slid, in, the wires had to be bend back at a very sever angle which probably caused the wires to break. I have notified FliteTest about the design and the motor is now bad... but have not heard back for them.

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
Yeah it’s a pain in the arrows, next time don’t bend the insulator, when the wire comes out of the insulator rout it straight into the power pod, don’t try to go trough the little hole in the firewall either. And the arrow is an amazing plane, I love mine.

pdeyo

Thanks, yea first time building this plane and it would have been good if the instruction video they have posted would have mentioned this. Hopefully they will replace it.