New FT Legacy

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Or you could also set up a stationary camera... It would be ok if the plane went out of frame.
I really want to get the stationary cam thing to work, but my phone has trouble focusing with the sky taking up the majority of the frame. So I watched @mayan vids and noticed he has some trees in the shot. I tried getting some terrain in the shot so the cam had reference but the that's all it focused on was the trees and the ground. I was using the selfie side where the screen faces out towards the shot like when I do my tutorial vids, so I am thinking that cam is only good for closer shots. Next I am gonna flip the phone around to use the backside cam like as if someone else is filming and watching the screen to stay in frame. Gonna hafta rig up a stand for it though... we will see

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I really want to get the stationary cam thing to work, but my phone has trouble focusing with the sky taking up the majority of the frame. So I watched @mayan vids and noticed he has some trees in the shot. I tried getting some terrain in the shot so the cam had reference but the that's all it focused on was the trees and the ground. I was using the selfie side where the screen faces out towards the shot like when I do my tutorial vids, so I am thinking that cam is only good for closer shots. Next I am gonna flip the phone around to use the backside cam like as if someone else is filming and watching the screen to stay in frame. Gonna hafta rig up a stand for it though... we will see
So you use your phone for the tip vids? I noticed the quality was better than the action cam. Which phone do you have? I know it isn’t an iPhone :LOL:

PoorManRC

Master member
Or you could also set up a stationary camera... It would be ok if the plane went out of frame.
POSSIBILITY...
I do have a Tripod, with a Phone adapter.
I've got another HUGE problem though.
Mother Freaking Nature!! 😡😠
Temps dipped into the 30's all of a sudden.
In itself, not a problem....
But it's been warm for so long, the cold front is causing WIND. The scary for Foamies kind.

I SWEAR if I have to break into a School GYM, I'll fly that thing!!!
My favorite little Guy is waiting.

Meanwhile, I've started on Dusty. I want that at least built by Christmas.

mayan

Legendary member
I my recommendation is use the side as if you were being filmed, that's the side I use. I also hear that turning auto focus helps so you might trying turning that off (haven't tried it though). Regarding terrain I do it because it helps keep the plane in frame. If you take a look at the videos of me flying that are shot off a tripod (stationary cam stand) I always have a building on the left and a tree on the right. That's because thats my off frame marks, so when ever I go past them I know I am most likely not in frame. There is one more thing to consider though and that is distance, to far off from the camera the plane will look like nothing but a dot in the sky, too close you might not be in frame. You have to play with it a bit, by filming checking, fixing, until you get it :). That's my 0.2 cents.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I my recommendation is use the side as if you were being filmed, that's the side I use. I also hear that turning auto focus helps so you might trying turning that off (haven't tried it though). Regarding terrain I do it because it helps keep the plane in frame. If you take a look at the videos of me flying that are shot off a tripod (stationary cam stand) I always have a building on the left and a tree on the right. That's because thats my off frame marks, so when ever I go past them I know I am most likely not in frame. There is one more thing to consider though and that is distance, to far off from the camera the plane will look like nothing but a dot in the sky, too close you might not be in frame. You have to play with it a bit, by filming checking, fixing, until you get it :). That's my 0.2 cents.
Gonna go out and try it right now, built a little stand, very make-shift, that will hold the phone and I will see what I get. Thanks

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I just got back, took out the FT-3D for it's maiden. put just over 2 packs through it. Man it is a plane you need to pay attention to. I really like it but it will take some getting used to. And get this... no broken props, no broken or torn off firewall, no dings whatsoever. I don't crash every time I fly, mind you it was pretty tame for the first time out on a 3D plane, was kinda unsure about it.

The video was static cam, used the backside of the phone not the screen side. I could have pointed it more down to catch a little bit of the horizon, but for the most part I kept it in frame. If it did go out of frame it came back right away so there won't be any need to edit out the out of frame stuff. One thing I should have done was stand behind the camera so it doesn't focus on me, plus because my back was to the cam you can't hear me very well until the battery changes, might have to turn up your volume.

I haven't decided if I will post it here or just direct people to my YT channel to watch if they are interested in seeing it. Not everyone likes that style of vid, but I will say I learned a lot and know what to do for next time. I am going to build a better stand for it as well

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I just got back, took out the FT-3D for it's maiden. put just over 2 packs through it. Man it is a plane you need to pay attention to. I really like it but it will take some getting used to. And get this... no broken props, no broken or torn off firewall, no dings whatsoever. I don't crash every time I fly, mind you it was pretty tame for the first time out on a 3D plane, was kinda unsure about it.

The video was static cam, used the backside of the phone not the screen side. I could have pointed it more down to catch a little bit of the horizon, but for the most part I kept it in frame. If it did go out of frame it came back right away so there won't be any need to edit out the out of frame stuff. One thing I should have done was stand behind the camera so it doesn't focus on me, plus because my back was to the cam you can't hear me very well until the battery changes, might have to turn up your volume.

I haven't decided if I will post it here or just direct people to my YT channel to watch if they are interested in seeing it. Not everyone likes that style of vid, but I will say I learned a lot and know what to do for next time. I am going to build a better stand for it as well
Awesome! I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’m also eager to see the video.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have made a tripod out of dowels for it this time so i can get better angles. My internet has been down since yesterday afternoon, i am posting from my phone. But i cant upload video till i get the Wifi back.

I will take out the Goblin today, watch i will have a handful of videos to post by the time i get internet back. Love livin out in the sticks lol

Kemosabe

Arkadaşlar herkeze merhaba.Plandan kestiğim şablonlarla yapımını bitirdiğim Legacy için aluminyum plakadan iniş takımı keseceğim.Fakat ölçüleri bulamadım.Tekerlek dış çapı ve iniş takımı ölçülerini cm olarak paylaşabilirmisiniz.Teşekkürler.Türkiyeden saygı ve sevgiler...