New FT Racer

endfim72

I added landing gear to my racer. I got tired of breaking props when landing. In doing so, I noticed that the rudder would be put in jeopardy. Be sure to protect it on yours. I added a piece of foam just ahead of the tail section and glued on a skewer similar to other FT models. Works great.

shiitake

If anyone wants, I'll provide the stl files or upload them to Thingiverse.

Cheers,
Adrian
Please update us how those work.
The advantage of the flitetest way, and the way I did it is that you have a lot of shock absorption.
I hope yours work becuase the look much cooler!

Cheers,

Rogier

PeterGregory

CrossThread Industries
New Terminology = "Take Off" Gear

Ahem...

I have converted all my references to the apparatus involving wheels and accompanying gear, slung from the bottom of aircraft, as "Take Off Gear" for these reasons:

1. They are far more common in the activity of "take offs" for an airplane than their complementary and inevitable maneuver.
2. They are frequently (usually?) "taken off" by the accompanying maneuver to reacclimate the airplane with terra firma at the end of a flight.

Go on referring to them as "Landing Gears," if you must.

Cheers,
Poughkeepsie Pete

Hello folks,

sorry for the long time to reply. These did not work very well. The foam board (by itself) just isn't strong enough to hold the parts and the stress caused them to rip out really easily. I'll have to redesign and maybe redesign the wing attachment points too.

Regards,
Adrian

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Hello folks,

sorry for the long time to reply. These did not work very well. The foam board (by itself) just isn't strong enough to hold the parts and the stress caused them to rip out really easily. I'll have to redesign and maybe redesign the wing attachment points too.

Regards,
Adrian

Judging from the pics, it looks like you didn't have them agents the wing spares. That would give a lot more strength