New GoPro HERO2

ScooterEngan

JoeyG

I wonder if it's still able to be used as the POV cam for FPV, they've changed the video out imputs, mini HDMI to receiver mod anyone? =p

JoeyG

I'm going to get one next week.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts, I've not read anywhere about the GoPro2 being used as the feed camera for FPV yet.. Sould be interested to hear if it's possible (uses different output connections then the 1st gen).

J.

tallflyer

Mentor
I have a GOPROHD so when I get my new GoPROHD2 I will do a side by side test to show the difference so stay tuned

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I'm about to order one shortly . . just need to find someone locally who has them in stock.

tallflyer

Mentor
I will get mine tomorrow or on Monday so stay tuned, from what I have seen the screen now shows icons on it to make it faster to setup! also it has the 10 shots a sec mode which is a cool feature to capture quick sports shots! you can add a wifi adapter later that will let you send video as you record to a laptop or other device so you might be able to use it as a fpv for short distance shots depending on range, would be great on a boat or under water so you could monitor with no wires. will be great for getting shots setup correct so you can see what the camera sees (cool for us RC guys who now want to mount the camera in a location and make sure we get the shot) and the still pictures are 11mega pixels! sick.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
. . you can add a wifi adapter later that will let you send video as you record to a laptop or other device so you might be able to use it as a fpv for short distance shots depending on range
I like the idea of being able to set it up before flying making sure you have everything framed correctly. I believe it should work with iPod, iPhones and iPads :)

tallflyer

Mentor
Here are some pictures from the New Go Pro2HD

I just wanted to get out and shoot some stills to ry out the 11 mega pixel camera part I shot some video at full Res will post it later the interface is so easy to use much better then the original! just click the mode and then press the shudder button fast and simple!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Note these pictures have been resized down 25% as the the original files were over 6.5mb per photo!