New guy from Australia

sumone

Hey
Another new guy from Australia.
fairly new to the hobby.
Bought a Conscendo s glider a few months back and have fallen in love with flying in a big way.
have since then bought a hobbyzone champ and a umx whipit dlg.
I have also built my own replica champ for when mine packs it in.

Anyway just wanted to say hi.

and also if anyone could recommend a park flyer similar to the champ that can handle a bit of wind that would also be great.

Jordan3367

Hey
Another new guy from Australia.
fairly new to the hobby.
Bought a Conscendo s glider a few months back and have fallen in love with flying in a big way.
have since then bought a hobbyzone champ and a umx whipit dlg.
I have also built my own replica champ for when mine packs it in.

Anyway just wanted to say hi.

and also if anyone could recommend a park flyer similar to the champ that can handle a bit of wind that would also be great.

Hi! Welcome to the forums!
I'm glad to see you've found a Champ, those are really good planes to learn on.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any planes similar to the Champ that handle wind well, but I would highly recommend looking into building your own planes. Flitetest models are great because they fly really well, but are also super easy to build. You can crash them many times, and repair them within an hour or even build a new one in an afternoon. It makes flying easy and fun.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Welcome! Where in Australia as it is a really huge place?

I started to actually to learn to fly on a Champ also, albeit a fair while ago. I built and crashed a large number of aircraft from FB, Depron and a myriad of other materials and progressed little until I built my first Tiny Trainer. Now I build and fly anything I have a desire to and with a very high success rate.

Until I started flying my TT I was learning to fly at a slow rate but learning to build and repair very rapidly indeed. When I started to fly my first TT I suddenly began to learn to fly and quite well. I have built countless TTs for myself and others and I recommend them to anyone.

When selecting your next plane give the different versions of the Tiny Trainer serious consideration.

sumone

Welcome! Where in Australia as it is a really huge place?

I started to actually to learn to fly on a Champ also, albeit a fair while ago. I built and crashed a large number of aircraft from FB, Depron and a myriad of other materials and progressed little until I built my first Tiny Trainer. Now I build and fly anything I have a desire to and with a very high success rate.

Until I started flying my TT I was learning to fly at a slow rate but learning to build and repair very rapidly indeed. When I started to fly my first TT I suddenly began to learn to fly and quite well. I have built countless TTs for myself and others and I recommend them to anyone.

When selecting your next plane give the different versions of the Tiny Trainer serious consideration.

Hey I'm from Brisbane.
I have taken your advice and downloaded the FlightTest -Mini TinyTrainer-plans.
and have my foam board.

I'm not sure as to how to go about the electronics side of things.
I have two controllers from my other planes
a spektrum dx4e and a blade mlp4dsm

Both have spektrum dsmx tech. So i guess i could use one of those But I'm not sure what motor,esc,receiver,servos I need or the best place to get them.
(maybe i need to talk to the guys at the hobby shop)

sumone

Hi! Welcome to the forums!
I'm glad to see you've found a Champ, those are really good planes to learn on.
Unfortunately, I don't know of any planes similar to the Champ that handle wind well, but I would highly recommend looking into building your own planes. Flitetest models are great because they fly really well, but are also super easy to build. You can crash them many times, and repair them within an hour or even build a new one in an afternoon. It makes flying easy and fun.

I have downloaded the FT-Mini TinyTrainer-plans.
and will get to work on it as soon as i can.

Also had a good morning flying the champ .(No wind)
need more than just the 2 batteries .(i set a a timer for about 10 min for each battery)
next trip to the hobby shop i will pick up 3 or 4 more.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Northside brisbane here with 3 local fields and another to the west, Where in Brisbane??

Our group of independent fliers is about to form our own, (apolitical, very few rules and no penalties), flying club. Most members middle to old age with an Encyclopedic amount of experience and knowledge on tap and a very friendly and helpful atmosphere. If you are in our area I could give you flying field details.

As for my outfit, (electronic setup), I use on my TTs I use a 2205c 1400kV motor with a 12A ESC and an 850mA 3S battery. Servos either 6 or 9 gram. I get the majority of my electronics from HK at this time and will order more when they sort out their website. From the AU warehouse delivery takes a max of 3 days. Prices half of what you pay in the local retailer.

sumone

Hi Hai-Lee
I'm in the Moreton Bay Region.
The 3 local flying fields your talking about are they flying clubs or just flying sites (can they be used by non members)

And as for the Hk website that sounds like something i would be very interested in.

I added another plane to my slowly growing collection (UMX J-3 CUB)
cub.jpg

But i think i'm going to need a little more space than the local sports oval.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Simone,
We are in the process of forming a club/association. All of our fields are currently unrestricted and whilst they are actually public places we have a council approved site coming online soon.

Our club has NO plans for punitive rules and anyone is welcome just no Gas powered and no noisy or extremely fast aircraft.

Our fields are at Ferny Grove, Deagon and at Sandgate with the new field at Bracken Ridge coming on line soon. What part of Moreton Bay Region do you hail from. One of our associates flies regularly at Pelican Park on the Redcliffe Peninsula.