New Guy Here

mstubbs007

I've been really liking the AR620, AR410 and DX6e. Maybe the problems were with that specific model of receiver?
I will see have a AR 620 comming and if it has the same issue im done with Spektrum for good, I have been using Futaba for most of my time flying RC and I never had this kind of issue with that product line I just find their transmitters to be too much work to program. thanks for your input I have a DX6e transmitter as well for about a week now no flight time as a result of bad receivers issue I mention above.

Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Intresting comment on Spektrum... all my Spektrum stuff has been great and modifying servos that don't have the little notches is really easy and shouldn't risk any shorting to the cables at all.

mstubbs007

Intresting comment on Spektrum... all my Spektrum stuff has been great and modifying servos that don't have the little notches is really easy and shouldn't risk any shorting to the cables at all.
I thought that too until my AR8010T Spektrum receiver bit the dust after 6 min of operation.

mstubbs007

I will see have a AR 620 coming and if it has the same issue I'm done with Spektrum for good, I have been using Futaba for most of my time flying RC and I never had this kind of issue with that product line I just find their transmitters to be too much work to program. thanks for your input I have a DX6e transmitter as well for about a week now no flight time as a result of bad receivers issue I mention above.
you also must have the SRXL port with this Flex jet and Aura8 unit support those other receivers will not support the configuration.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
My wife loved riding with me, back in the 70s when we were dating, she would jump on the back of my 750 four, and we would go cruising wide open, passing on the right and doing wheelies, lost her off the back once, she wasn't happy, she made me install a sissy bar :mad: but best part is the faster I went the tighter she hung on ;):love: Sold the 750, had 70.000 miles on it, had more miles on it, speedometer was broke for a few years, I never really used it anyway. Several years later we bought a FXDWG and she loved to ride on that and so did I, but had to sell it, had no choice:cry: Back to the subject of R/C, had the grandsons for a few days, started on the FT Explorer, they helped trim the tiled plans and glue them together, next time their here will glue them on a poster board, trace them on the foam board and start cutting the parts out, Grandpa is excited :D

Yup bikes ARE incredible chic magnets. Dont matter what the are from dirt bikes out camping to the ricers these knuckleheads roll thru traffic on these days. NOTHING beats the rumble of a well built Harley tho.

The last three bikes I was ever on were a brand new V45 magna back in 83 a friend in aircrew schools father had just bought down in Jacksonville Florida. He let me take it out on occasion told me be careful not to kick the turbo in unless you have room to run. Coming from building my own cars since I was 15 I was like Pfft THAT little thing.... Back then there was a straight stretch of road behind the mall which ended in a T to go to either side of the mall.. Figured that was a good place to test the turbo.. I ripped thru the gears to get up speed fast when I hit 4th gear and that turbo kicked in. Nearly tore my hands of the bars at first because I wasnt expecting so much torque to kick in.

The next was a home built project with my uncle. We raked an 88 sportster frame someone had given him out 15 degrees and extended the forks a bit. Did the paint and everything. For some God awful reason he insisted it be a hard tail. We built a mid 70's panhead up for it with just minor cams and S&S carbs. I got to maiden it after it got broke in and tuned. Took it down rt 50 back home which was a cement road with all the joints. To this day I swear I am nearly 2 inches shorter. I had to bring it back after a 5 mile ride on the shoulder of the road to save my back. You could NOT ride that without a weight lifting belt. Needless to say it was modded about 6 months later with a fat cushioned seat with beefy springs under it.

The very last bike I was ever on was a guy from a motor cycle club my friend introduced me to. We all got to know each other helping out at the race track where they ran tt scrambles and some enduro on the back of the property once in a while. Anyway this dude raced pro mod bikes and was adding an air shifter to his bike. He asked me to go on a short run with him for extra weight since he was testing on a back country road. He told me keep my head low for aerodynamics but didnt warn me what happens when you break that draft. He ripped thru gears and that thing pulled like nothing I have ever ridden. It took all I could to stay on. Well on the third pass I was kind of used to it so I wanted to see something beside the back of a racing suit and poked my head just over his shoulder. INSTANTLY the air got under the helmet and started pulling me off. I can only guess he felt the change and got off the throttle fast which is the only reason I managed to stay on. I asked him how fast we had gotten before he let off he told me he was over 160 just before he grabbed 4th gear before letting off.

Got hurt at work a few years later and that ended my car / bike building / racing days which is where my major scars mentioned earlier come from.

RcLew

Well I'm back, as you all recall this ole grandpa was very excited to get back to flying R/C and getting my grandson into it, bought him a Flysky i6 and from my last post, we had started to work on the FT Explorer, that was almost a year ago, about that time I had contacted the clubs president of the club my son's and I use to belong to, I was excited to let him know "I'm Back" well the excitement didn't last long as he told the of what the FAA was doing, when he was done my excitement quickly sank, I was not happy and my BP was though the roof :mad: at that point I gave up, something I have never done, he said he would let me know what was up, talked to him the other day, it was a long battle for him but the club is open now, and a lot has changed, new rules and the membership has dropped to 5. I'm going to join the club just to help them out, I'll fly there now and then, but what's the future hold for my grandson's who will be 4th gen R/C pilots, will they become outlaw R/C pilots? So sad :(