New guy uk

phil g

Hi ! New guy here from england, love the easy build flite test kits, spent many years building kits from balsa and using ic motors,smelly, yes, loud oh yes ,satisfying double oh yes.i was wondering, call me strange but i really like the bn islander twin engined plane,any chance of anything like that in the offing?
built one many years ago powered by two 30 ic motors,really good looking plane,to me anyway.
Keep smiling guys,youre doing a fantastic job in every way and thank you : )

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hi ! New guy here from england, love the easy build flite test kits, spent many years building kits from balsa and using ic motors,smelly, yes, loud oh yes ,satisfying double oh yes.i was wondering, call me strange but i really like the bn islander twin engined plane,any chance of anything like that in the offing?
built one many years ago powered by two 30 ic motors,really good looking plane,to me anyway.
Welcome to the foamy madness Phil!!

Hyper46havoc

These planes were initially built about 30mins from my house in bembride on the isle of wight I'm guessing that's how they got the name. This is a link to some interesting information http://www.globalaviationresource.c...ory-britten-norman-islander-50th-anniversary/ and a pic of one at bembridge airport. I am very interested in what happens as obviously would like to build one oh and welcome

Attachments

• 1007094-large.jpg
    1007094-large.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 0

phil g

Thanks everyone and thank you for the link hyper46havoc, i will post some pics when the build is complete,spitfire,s the plane ,just got to save up for the powerpack now !

FDS

Elite member
You can get everything for the spit for about half the cost of the official power pack. You only need a 30A esc, 2215 1000kv motor, 9x6 or 10x6 prop and 4 x 9g or 5g servos. Most of that can be got from Hobbyking, for a lot less than the Graupner set up.

phil g

You can get everything for the spit for about half the cost of the official power pack. You only need a 30A esc, 2215 1000kv motor, 9x6 or 10x6 prop and 4 x 9g or 5g servos. Most of that can be got from Hobbyking, for a lot less than the Graupner set up.
Thanks for that,been on internet and can get all items ,2 lipos,charger cheaper than the graupner set up, nice!

FDS

Elite member
The weather forecast is terrible too, so you won’t miss any good flying days whilst you build. Wind wind rain rain...
The Graupner stuff is very nice but it’s like going to a Merc dealer for parts for your second hand Kia!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The weather forecast is terrible too, so you won’t miss any good flying days whilst you build. Wind wind rain rain...
The Graupner stuff is very nice but it’s like going to a Merc dealer for parts for your second hand Kia!
Yeah! Now I have a finished plane to maiden....blooming weather!!!
Still, indoor flying in Leeds this Saturday (y)

Hyper46havoc

Weather is shocking I've got a hobbyking navy cub I've been waiting to maiden for weeks. Can't wait for sunny low wind days English weather ay

FDS

Elite member
I am reduced to mini quads again. I got two plane batteries in on Friday last in a micro break in the weather.