New Guy!!!

Diggington

Hi. I guess I’m the new guy! I built a long ez but couldn’t really get it to fly. Truth be told I was very impatient and crashed it to bits and pieces. Surprisingly it took about 10 crashes before it was toast. So... I just finished the simple cub! I am going to be patient as it is still February on Cape Cod!!!
image.jpg

Diggington

Here are some Long Ez photos and how it changed as I destroyed it!

Attachments

• 7D0828F1-F977-4AF6-BE90-E52392045A72.jpeg
    7D0828F1-F977-4AF6-BE90-E52392045A72.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 14A887DA-B58B-4049-BF66-497A7EB9EE3B.jpeg
    14A887DA-B58B-4049-BF66-497A7EB9EE3B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Diggington

Welcome to the family! The Simple Cub is a great first (or second) plane to learn on. Super simple and a very docile airplane to fly.
Thanks! I actually built the long ez more to learn the building techniques and make mistakes with. I bought both kits but for the cub pictured I traced the kit out on cheap foam board. I plan on building the real kit when I need it! I also need another mini kit to use my electronics on. What mini kit is the easiest to fly?

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
The mini kits generally aren't great first airplanes unless you are able to fly with nearly no wind, if you have the chance to fly in those conditions then I would recommend the mini scout. From what I've seen it's by far the most stable and pretty easy to build.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Thanks! I actually built the long ez more to learn the building techniques and make mistakes with. I bought both kits but for the cub pictured I traced the kit out on cheap foam board. I plan on building the real kit when I need it! I also need another mini kit to use my electronics on. What mini kit is the easiest to fly?
Ive heard a lot of good about the tiny trainer lately ;).

Headbang

Master member
I fly a lot, maiden everyone else's, yet I find the LongEZ to be a challenge to fly. I have not landed it yet on purpose! Anything but the LongEZ is easier! Even the X-29 was easier to fly!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome Diggington! I've got to go with the majority and say Tiny Trainer. The build is not complicated (though my build thread would have one think otherwise :oops::LOL:) and on my very first RC flight ever, I didn't go down till the end of the battery. Granted, it took me so long to build the thing that I had a lot of time to practice in a simulator, still most of the reason for me not crashing was because the design is so forgiving.

In my personal opinion, as a new pilot you really can't go wrong with the Tiny Trainer and the A-Pack, so long as the winds are light. Good luck, keep us updated with whatever you decide to do, and don't worry. There's lots of people here to help. :)

Vimana89

Legendary member
I fly a lot, maiden everyone else's, yet I find the LongEZ to be a challenge to fly. I have not landed it yet on purpose! Anything but the LongEZ is easier! Even the X-29 was easier to fly!
That bad? Try my slender delta on a cheapo TX without expo. You probably won't be able to turn without rolling into the dirt, but at least landing should be soft with the huge ground effect. Unless, of course, you crash from a near vertical climb ;).