New Guy

BadPanda

Just joined the forum. Fairly new Pilot in Rancho Cordova, CA (Sacramento area) I fly with the Mather Aerospace Modelers out at the former Mather AFB.

First I want to thank all of you who post and upload all the information and plans. It makes it much easier for all us new guys.

I started with an Apprentice S and a Spektrum DX8 G2. I spent a couple of months practicing with RealFlight 9, made my first flight a great experience. Looking for my 3rd build. First build was a FT Racer Built it - flew it 3 times, crashed it 3 times. Seems to be a problem with my implementation, or piloting skills, Not going to admit anything here. 2nd was a Blunt-nose Versa Wing flew like a champ from the start. Lost a servo the other day (in flight) Pictures below, will be building another wing this week. Now I'm looking for a warbird or mild sport plane. I have been leaning toward the FT Spitfire, but the other day I noticed there is a pre-order for the new and improved Master Class Spitfire ! Hmm. Anyone know about expected release date? and when will the plans be available ? I haven't built a speed build kit yet, Dollar tree foam has been my friend, but that might be a good first Laser cut.

One last question. Is there going to be any more Flite Fest Wests? Ohio is a long drive about 2500 miles.

See you around
Dave

Attachments

• 1580080006010.png
    1580080006010.png
    19.9 MB · Views: 0
  • FT Bluntnose Versa Wing.jpg
    FT Bluntnose Versa Wing.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Just joined the forum. Fairly new Pilot in Rancho Cordova, CA (Sacramento area) I fly with the Mather Aerospace Modelers out at the former Mather AFB.

First I want to thank all of you who post and upload all the information and plans. It makes it much easier for all us new guys.

I started with an Apprentice S and a Spektrum DX8 G2. I spent a couple of months practicing with RealFlight 9, made my first flight a great experience. Looking for my 3rd build. First build was a FT Racer Built it - flew it 3 times, crashed it 3 times. Seems to be a problem with my implementation, or piloting skills, Not going to admit anything here. 2nd was a Blunt-nose Versa Wing flew like a champ from the start. Lost a servo the other day (in flight) Pictures below, will be building another wing this week. Now I'm looking for a warbird or mild sport plane. I have been leaning toward the FT Spitfire, but the other day I noticed there is a pre-order for the new and improved Master Class Spitfire ! Hmm. Anyone know about expected release date? and when will the plans be available ? I haven't built a speed build kit yet, Dollar tree foam has been my friend, but that might be a good first Laser cut.

One last question. Is there going to be any more Flite Fest Wests? Ohio is a long drive about 2500 miles.

See you around
Dave
Welcome! If you want a warbird, the P-40 is an easy build and it flies like a trainer on 3s and is pretty agile on 4s. My favorite is the Spitfire...easy build, easy to fly, but quick on a 4s, so you want to make sure you can fly a fast plane before trying the spit on a 4s...but I love all the warbirds...built them all except A-10...which is on the list...hahahaha

K3V0

Elite member
Welcome! Those are some good looking planes! There’s a huge catalogue of designs from this community as well! I’m in Oakland if you ever bring a plane to the coast and want to fly!