New here and to quads

Gregbs

New to the forum, but have been a part of the flite test fans FB group for a while.

I need to know what f4 flight controllers work with the Graupner Sumd receivers. I'm new to quads and FCs and want to keep using my mz-18. Currently using a dx6e with a couple blade quads, but it feels "cheap" and imprecise compared to my mz-18.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
You need to look in your documentation for your Rx to see what it is capable of outputting. PWM CPM etc. Then get a FC that is compatible.

Gregbs

Welcome to the forums.
You need to look in your documentation for your Rx to see what it is capable of outputting. PWM CPM etc. Then get a FC that is compatible.

Graupner outputs SUMD protocol via serial port. Almost no FC says that SUMD is supported, yet I'm slowly finding many FCs work as long as it's connected to a uart or sbus that is not inverted and SUMD is the selected protocol in Betaflight.

I am hoping someone has a more complete knowledge about this than I before I dive into my first build.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Any FC that runs Betaflight will support SUMD. As you said, you need to connect to a non-inverted UART. Most FC's have at least one of these broken out on the board, others have many.

Gregbs

Thank you. Most of the companies just list the spektrum or frsky compatibility, so it was confusing. I know that people fly quads with Graupner RXs, just wasn't sure how.