New here, check out my crash reel!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
THAT was an absolutely wonderful compilation of tries and crashes. To me, you are exactly what FliteTest is all about. Did you design those birds? I don't recognize any of them. You are more than welcome here, and I am glad you that you are here.

Mad_Mechanic

I might be wrong about this, but that looks like an indoor golf driving range. If I'm correct, did someone buy it and convert it into an indoor flight range or do the owners have like "flight nights" where the allow RC enthusiasts to come and escape the cold?

Either way, that's pretty awesome that an indoor place exists and I too admire the different plane designs. Trial and error is an excellent way to learn and I'm all about the hands on approach!

Keep doing what you are doing!

pilotthekid09

THAT was an absolutely wonderful compilation of tries and crashes. To me, you are exactly what FliteTest is all about. Did you design those birds? I don't recognize any of them. You are more than welcome here, and I am glad you that you are here.
Yeah those are all scratch built. I've got better luck now and have a few nice planes

pilotthekid09

I might be wrong about this, but that looks like an indoor golf driving range. If I'm correct, did someone buy it and convert it into an indoor flight range or do the owners have like "flight nights" where the allow RC enthusiasts to come and escape the cold?

Either way, that's pretty awesome that an indoor place exists and I too admire the different plane designs. Trial and error is an excellent way to learn and I'm all about the hands on approach!

Keep doing what you are doing!
Yeah this rc club rents it out at night and it's a real nice place to fly

evranch

There is a golf dome in the city near here, and a club used to fly in it. However, they apparently charged a quite high fixed hourly rate, so when not enough guys showed up to fly on a night, it was too expensive.

It worked out just as well though as the airport lets them fly in one of the huge hangars now for free. It's not heated, but there's no wind at least, and it's cool that they can fly in an aviation setting with the big jets sitting parked. It's funny how nobody is worried about foam planes hitting the jets in the hangar, but outside they are a deadly weapon!

Mad_Mechanic

There is a golf dome in the city near here, and a club used to fly in it. However, they apparently charged a quite high fixed hourly rate, so when not enough guys showed up to fly on a night, it was too expensive.

It worked out just as well though as the airport lets them fly in one of the huge hangars now for free. It's not heated, but there's no wind at least, and it's cool that they can fly in an aviation setting with the big jets sitting parked. It's funny how nobody is worried about foam planes hitting the jets in the hangar, but outside they are a deadly weapon!

I'll agree that it seems ironic that indoors it's no problem. However, I suspect the issue outside is with jet engines spinning up. Just like with a bird getting sucked through a jet engine, even a foam plane getting sucked into a jet engine can and will cause damage. But if a jet is sitting parked indoors, there is no real chance of a foamy going through a jet engine.

That's pretty awesome though that a local airport allows RC flight in a hangar. I wish Sacramento International Airport near me would do that!