New here! Will these quadcopter parts work together?

NathanielF87

"king bailout"
Hi everyone, hopefully this question isn't too much for my first post :)
Over the last few weeks I've been learning as much as I can about mini race quads, and want to get one. Before I start ordering parts though, I thought it would be a good idea to ask if there is any problem with these parts being compatible. Here's my list so far:

frsky taranis q x7 transmitter
frsky xjt transmitter jr module
frsky x4r-sb (should I get the xsr instead?)
tbs powercube
lumenier 2206 2000kv motors
lumenier 2250mah 4s lipo battery
runcam swift
immersionrc av transmitter
antenna extension cable
tbs triumph antenna
kylin vision fpv goggles

One reason for picking these parts is, unless I'm misunderstanding, they should plug in and run without any soldering. This would make life much easier since I don't have a soldering iron, and have never used one.
Everything will go on a custom frame that uses the versacopter motor mounts, booms, and boom clamps, and will have the same geometry (motors spaced the same 280mm). If all goes well I plan to post pics, and any info on the build.

Thanks -N

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
you don't need the frsky xjt transmitter jr module - the radio's build in electronics will bind up to that receiver just fine. And do get the x4r-sb - very nice unit with telemetry

rest of it looks good!

NathanielF87

"king bailout"
Thanks! That'll save me almost $40.... enough to buy plenty of props :)

I didn't include them because idk what type to use. Thinking 6 inch 3 blade HQ (supposed to be consistent, and balanced well enough) but I'm not sure how to decide on the pitch. I also don't know how much the frame will weigh.

Is there anywhere I can buy props in bulk? I was also hoping to get cw and ccw in different colors to make it harder to get them wrong when changing one.

cheers -N

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
HQ props are top of the line for racers. They aren't cheap and they are rigid (and fragile) but they don't flex at high speed and you will corner like your copter is on rails. 6030 is more efficient than 6045 but 6045 is a noticeable power increase over 6030, IMO.

DAL makes the 'unbreakable' prop. I have certainly broken a few. Tomato cages and chain link fences eat all props (and kites) with merciless delight. However, I have seen DAL props take a beating into tree branches, tomato plants and a snow covered clothesline that would have shattered an HQ. I find a DAL 6045 provides about 2/3rd the thrust of a 6045 HQ.

The DALs took a hit better, but I took fewer hits with the HQs because of how they handle. I live at 6,300ft above sea level. YMMV.

I fly HQ 4045 and 6045. I love how they balance out of the bag and I love how they fly. We no longer burn gas in our models. Now we burn props or as rotorgeeks.com puts it, 'Props are the new fuel.'.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I love DAL props. On 4s I use the T5045 V2s and they really take a beating. On 3s I have some classic two blade 6045s. I actually made a video for those props because they blew my mind so much, after breaking countless HQ props. As a beginner I would definitely recommend DALs or the HQ unbreakables over standard HQ props.

NathanielF87

"king bailout"
I've hit a snag when trying to get everything ready to order... NOBODY HAS A TARANIS Q X7? They are either out of stock or over priced!

I'm ordering everything except the camera, x4r, powercube, and triumph from the Flite Test store. The rest of that from Team Black Sheep's website except the cam, and Amazon has it.

Does anyone know where I can get a qx7 for a reasonable price? I know it would drive me insane if this thing were built, and couldn't fly...

One other question about the tbs triumph... has anyone tried the triumph-stub? All the specs are the same, and it's lighter, but will it work as well being shorter?

Thanks again -N

NathanielF87

"king bailout"
*groans* Thanks, but that one is even more expensive :(

Another thing I just noticed is that the batteries don't come with a charger? What would be a good starting point for that 2250mAh 4s lumenier?

Your responses have been very helpful. Every answer just leads to another question though :/ Should I keep it here, or start new threads for specific questions? (I'll keep it here until I'm stumped I guess)

-N

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I do well with the Turnigy Accucell 6. There are better and there are cheaper

Whatever you get, you need one that will balance charge.