New here.

twotto

Hi!

New here. I am not new to RC flight but I’m trying to get back into it because I really enjoy it, flite test has been making that easier. I just finished building Long EZ and have built the Sparrow. I bought the “Golf” kit set last year and tried to build the Simple Soarer but screwed up the wing and it went in the garbage can. I still have the fuselage but would really like to have plans to cut the wing again. I dream of building the P47. Hoping to find some good guidance here. Looking forward to reading this forum.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hi!

New here. I am not new to RC flight but I’m trying to get back into it because I really enjoy it, flite test has been making that easier. I just finished building Long EZ and have built the Sparrow. I bought the “Golf” kit set last year and tried to build the Simple Soarer but screwed up the wing and it went in the garbage can. I still have the fuselage but would really like to have plans to cut the wing again. I dream of building the P47. Hoping to find some good guidance here. Looking forward to reading this forum.
Welcome to the forums! After a couple more builds you’ll be ready to tackle the P-47. The best advice I have for master series planes is not to rush any steps.
Have fun!

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I have flown the Sparrow. It’s a good time! Keeps flying after rough landings! I have not flown the Long EZ yet.
Good to hear you got it flying, I'm interested in your sparrow launching technique because of how many ways tgere are ti launch it.

twotto

The “Golf” set as FT referred to it is a three plane starter set for a good price. The Simple Soarer, Tiny Trainer and the Sparrow. I also got the FT Long EZ at the same time. I think my launching technique for the Sparrow was either an overhand toss at an up angle or a wing tip hold and side arm fling, after getting the prop spinning with 3/4 power and my thumb on the elevator stick.