New Ideas

BindNFly

Here would be a good place to add ideas for flitetest challenges! if you have a good idea for a challenge and think that flitetest might like it, or ideas for other people to try then post them here. They can be simple and fun to do for the average flyer or they can be complicated and challenging for the more experienced pilot and builder. no matter who its for or what it is get it out there and share your thoughts!

My ideas:

1. longest flight
how long can you keep your plane in the air.
rules:
  • 1 battery of maximum 3000mah
  • 1 pilot only
  • must be a controled landing

2. longest distance FPV flight.
how far can you fly
rules:
  • 1. pilot
  • flight time of no longer than 30mins
  • distence is mesured in staight line only

edgerg

Id like to see the guys at flitest build an rc ultralight trike.The wing could be made of foam and the weightshift trike could be made of bbq squers and foam.Ive made one but not of foam but polyester material wing.I used the v tail mixing for the weightshift and it works awsome.Somone please reply.Id really like to see this i think it would be a great challenge.How bout it Josh Bixler???

RCNJN

Here's a challenge

a little competition involving 2 or more flyers trying to maintain flight the longest while: switching hands on the transmitter control sticks, ie: right hand on the throttle, rudder... left hand on the ail, elevator... (for us mode 2 guys) ... Add to this by racing around a course (pylons or ?) ... I tried this on my Sim and left a trail of debris ... reminds me of patting the head while rubbing the stomach exercise ...

szily85

Hi, Since I am totally new to this hobby, would be great to see how Peter is designing an airplane. Cause they always says "Peter designed this in 2 hours" and the plane is flying :) When I "start designing one" it takes me days :-( So please Peter if you have intention and the time for it, Flitetest could you please just make an episode of designing an airplanes, like basic rules (must be "followed"), tips and tricks, how to cut the depron/foamboard (without laser cutter) and so one. There is a lot of such info on web but would be nice to see one Flitetest episode like that. Hope is a good idea. You are the BEST, you inspired/got me in this hobby. Thanks, regards Szilard

ZoomNBoom

a little competition involving 2 or more flyers trying to maintain flight the longest while: switching hands on the transmitter control sticks, ie: right hand on the throttle, rudder... left hand on the ail, elevator... (for us mode 2 guys) ... Add to this by racing around a course (pylons or ?) ... I tried this on my Sim and left a trail of debris ... reminds me of patting the head while rubbing the stomach exercise ...

^
Alternatively: control reversal. Many of us have done it accidentally, taken off with aileron or elevator configured incorrectly. Its a doable challenge if its only 1 channel and you know it. Reverse more channels to increase odds of carnage :). Pro tip, if you realize your ailerons are reversed in flight, turn your transmitter upside down. I saw my brother do that once and actually save his plane making a passable landing that way.