New in town.

Bignose703

Started around Christmas with a mighty sparrow. Decided I wanted to build a 3D which failed miserably. Unwilling to fail, 2 days ago I started a simple scout. 10 hours later a maiden and decals. Power pack C
Edit- no paint. Black and white reddi-board and printed out the decals, then spray glued them on.

Attachments

• 5EAF5D59-4BBC-4376-8CBD-9D6D7D59874A.jpeg
    5EAF5D59-4BBC-4376-8CBD-9D6D7D59874A.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 54A03E1D-410A-46C3-9742-57FC6FB22798.jpeg
    54A03E1D-410A-46C3-9742-57FC6FB22798.jpeg
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 12A9715E-4C0E-4D3B-BC80-6DF73A02EE07.jpeg
    12A9715E-4C0E-4D3B-BC80-6DF73A02EE07.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

slipshift

Welcome, and nice build. The Scout is one of my favorites, the first one I was able to fly. I started out (and trashed quickly) four Blue-Babies and six Tiny Trainers. After the Scout came the Simple Cub, which I couldn'f fly. Next was the Spitfire, which flew fine. Low wing planes feel more intuitive to me. Good luck on your new addiction, you've found a fine group of people here.

Jim

Bignose703

Welcome, and nice build. The Scout is one of my favorites, the first one I was able to fly. I started out (and trashed quickly) four Blue-Babies and six Tiny Trainers. After the Scout came the Simple Cub, which I couldn'f fly. Next was the Spitfire, which flew fine. Low wing planes feel more intuitive to me. Good luck on your new addiction, you've found a fine group of people here.

Jim
As a full scale CFI and airline pilot, my old motto is still “Piper or plastic”

FastCrash45

Elite member
Started around Christmas with a mighty sparrow. Decided I wanted to build a 3D which failed miserably. Unwilling to fail, 2 days ago I started a simple scout. 10 hours later a maiden and decals. Power pack C
WELCOME to the forums. This forum has the most helpful and encouraging people I've ever found in any other forum!!
Nice looking build. Just about finished with a 75% Bloody Wonder, then scratch building the DR1 triplane, and waiting for my mighty mini corsair. This is such an addicting way to build. I love foam builds. So used to making balsa planes that took months to build. These foamies don't hurt so bad when they end up being smited by the ground. Already built the mini scout. Several good flights with that until the bell and prop left the scene. Putting a new 2205 on that now. May your flights be long and your landings always soft!!

kdobson83

Welcome to the addiction! Lol Currently building a 3 channel Tiny Trainer to get my brother in the air. Also looking for excuses I can give my wife for the UMX Timber that is due to arrive Friday... Lol
How did the maiden on the scout go?

Bignose703

Welcome to the addiction! Lol Currently building a 3 channel Tiny Trainer to get my brother in the air. Also looking for excuses I can give my wife for the UMX Timber that is due to arrive Friday... Lol
How did the maiden on the scout go?
Maiden went very well. Initially was tail heavy but this thing is very forgiving. Dropped some clay and some nickels in the nose and it flew great. Just put some beefier gear with 3” tires on it too so that should help.

mayan

Legendary member
@Bignose703 love your Simple Scout. I too built mine in black and white it's an amazing color combo for this plane. I personally turned it into a ground take off and landing practice plane.