New LC Filters by LetsFPV

MatCat

logo.png
front.png

Greetings, 0utsider89 and myself have started an electronics company and we are debuting our first product, the humble LC Filter! Not that we thought there was anything wrong with the few out there already, however we wanted to start with a good basic most need and produce one which is smaller, lighter, and nicer looking then any of the competition!

Features include reverse voltage protection, dual connections for both your camera and TX, and a signal path to connect the camera to the TX, and a sleek black PCB.

Specifications:

Dimensions: L: 0.95" (24.1mm), W: 0.8" (20.3mm), H: 0.63" (16mm)
Weight: 6.3 GRAMS
Input Voltage: Maximum 16VDC
Output Current: Maximum 1A

You too can have one of our awesome LC Filters for the reasonable price of $12.95 USD including shipping to US, for orders outside of US extra shipping charges will apply.

You can buy now via ReadyMadeRC: http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_66_71&products_id=1854

Installation Diagram:
lcfilterinstall.png

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
I can see why an UBEC would need an LC circuit to filter noise but I cannot see why it would be needed direct from the battery as your diagram indicated. That battery is Pure DC with no AC component (the way it is illustrated that is).

Thurmond

MatCat

I can see why an UBEC would need an LC circuit to filter noise but I cannot see why it would be needed direct from the battery as your diagram indicated. That battery is Pure DC with no AC component (the way it is illustrated that is).

Thurmond
Not sure what you mean...

Ultimately there are quite a few configurations one could use with an LC Filter, our digram is based on what is probably going to be the majority setupl which is a 12v video TX and 12v or 5v Camera, assuming that your LC Filter would be connected directly to the battery at some point, which would provide clean 12v to your Video TX and camera, if your camera is 5v then put a UBEC from the LC Filter to the camera.

If both of your equipment are 5v for example, then you could use the UBEC between the battery and the LC Filter, though very rare do you see 5v video transmitters (exept maybe low power 5.8Ghz).

MatCat

I just noticed after re-reading this what you where saying about pure DC of a battery, yes a battery puts out clean DC, however the problem is when you have something else like a motor taking huge sips of current, every time that happens it creates a voltage dip on the power rail, which also travels on down to all of the electornics on it. The frequency with which that happens is close enough to fit within the line drawing of the video itself, because video signals use amplitude to drive the color data if there is a drop in voltage that line of video will not draw properly, and you will get lines in your FPV video, the LC Filter fixes that by basically removing those under-spikes (or over-spikes too) in the current on the power rail, hopefully that is a much better understanding.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Understood, BUT I was commenting on only what the diagram contained, which had no indication of Motor / esc on the same circuit. Any time anything of a periodic nature hits a battery noise is generated (ESC, UBEC, Motors etc). I see great usefulness for your circuit if a switching device and the FPV system "share" a power source.

Thurmond