New Maker Foam Review

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I will now forever refer to them as freedom units😆
Moon Metric.jpg

Apis

Is the regular maker foam 60% thicker than DTFB? Or was that the "thick" foam board in your video?

leaded50

Legendary member
Hhicker though.. gonna be harder to shape whatever... because thickness.
In Norway i do now get ordering 5mm foam locally who seems be similar with white paper both sides. But lighter than other foams easyer to get, who have a adhesive side, and som plastic coated aluminium on other side. (used for insulation on floors/ photos/posters) Much more expencive, and the layers on side of foam easy loosening. ..and the aliminiumcoat dont do it great for transmitt radiosignals... (needed remove)

Keno

Got some and built my first plane with it. I have the thicker and the 3/16" and used the 3/16 for the Sidewinder. See no problems it very similar to the brown FT foam board except it white. Its thickness is holding to 3/16 on every sheet and seems to be more consistent on the sheet. better for needle cutting. It does cost a bit more but if you like white and with some moisture resistance not a bad choice.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
... Its thickness is holding to 3/16 on every sheet and seems to be more consistent on the sheet. better for needle cutting. It does cost a bit more ...
FT MF thickness tolerance is better/smoother, and only $4 more, for the same amount of foam. Good stuff! (y)

GremlinRC

FT_Nut
Curious as to what people think about the adhesive strength of the paper. I've just gotten a boz of 5mm maker foam and the first couple of sheets I used, the paper almost falls off at the slightest pull. I will try some more from the middle of the box. Just wondering if others have the same experience?