New member to the Tabernacle that is FliteTest.....

JiggyJim

Hello!

My brother had me watch a video some time ago.....he said "you gotta see these guys that made a flying toaster and built a drone that can put out fires!" So I muted The Big Bang Theory on my TV (and believe me that doesn't happen easily) and looked at the video. Well it was just a long night of youtube vids after that. I think I can honestly say I have seen about 75% of all the videos on here.....including the ones on the other channel. By the way, where does the gremlin logo come from and who first drew it up?

Currently I fly a DJI Phantom 1 and have a GoPro hanging on a gimbal, extended legs of course and have attached foam pool floaties to the sides of the landing gear for stability when landing and to be able to float in a pool or a pond/lake. It is painted all flat black, carbon props, and has the red LED lighting wrapped all the way around it for no other reason other than it looks cool at night. I am 100% happy with it, not into racing but I do like to improve or build projects. Well now thanks to your vids and the site, looks like I am about to build a new platform to fly my GoPro and then use the Phantom as a backup and to experiment.

Jim

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Welcome to FliteTest JiggyJim.

You will find lots of projects here to build. Check out the FT Electrohub. It's a good quad for a beginner builder/flyer. I think you will find that flying your own is very different and very rewarding.

If you do, start a thread in the multirotors section so the forum can help when you get stuck, benefit from your experience and gawk at your photos and video. Don't forget to check out the mini and swappable foam fixed wing electrics too. They are a blast to build and fly.

Send your brother over too. Family built projects are the most fun and make for the best crashes and video!

JiggyJim

Thanks for the reply! I probably worded my post wrong, but the DJI Phantom is actually mine. My brother just likes to hang with me when I use it. I'm trying to get him involved too, and he may just do it. I have been using it for photography for a few years. I have shot photos for years and years and when the first Phantom came out I jumped on it.

Coincidently, as you state I had also posted a thread in the other forum because of the project I am thinking about starting. Thanks so much for the input!!

Jim

slowjo

Master member
Hello!

My brother had me watch a video some time ago.....he said "you gotta see these guys that made a flying toaster and built a drone that can put out fires!" So I muted The Big Bang Theory on my TV (and believe me that doesn't happen easily) and looked at the video. Well it was just a long night of youtube vids after that. I think I can honestly say I have seen about 75% of all the videos on here.....including the ones on the other channel. By the way, where does the gremlin logo come from and who first drew it up?

Currently I fly a DJI Phantom 1 and have a GoPro hanging on a gimbal, extended legs of course and have attached foam pool floaties to the sides of the landing gear for stability when landing and to be able to float in a pool or a pond/lake. It is painted all flat black, carbon props, and has the red LED lighting wrapped all the way around it for no other reason other than it looks cool at night. I am 100% happy with it, not into racing but I do like to improve or build projects. Well now thanks to your vids and the site, looks like I am about to build a new platform to fly my GoPro and then use the Phantom as a backup and to experiment.

Jim
takes a lot to get me to turn big bang off too : ) jo