mklages

Hello Flite Test and members im a noob to this site but have been watching josh and josh and the sweed for almost three years now. I started the hobby with a 3d ccpm heli it lasted about 2 seconds LOL. So i got smart and got a quad and had some longer lasting flights but i just can't keep myself from trying stuff above my level. On that note if you have a cc3d controller on your quad and you plan to roll and flip make sure the roll rate is fast enough i learned this the hard way. So after the last quad crash i have decided to build a new quad now that my skills have improved alot. I have decided to use the 4 100kv motors on 4 scratch builds. So far i have built the simple storch and the f-22. I plan to build the versa and the ft-3d. Im not going to touch the f-22 or 3d untill i have enough flight time and confidence. And until the weather here in Buffalo NY warms up im going to spend alot of time on the sim.

So as a noob i have a challenge for flight test 200$ 200mph??? with twin ducted fans possibly a SR-71 blackbird scratch build. I have been looking ad the DR mad thrust 70mm for around 65$ and if you don't build it i will and ill bring it to you and make you fly it since this will surely be beyond my skill level.

I would also like to see a cc3d on a plane and was wondering if it is worth the time to add to my f-22 to help with the learning curve

WP_20160210_02_04_52_Pro.jpg WP_20160211_15_45_43_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Welcome to the FT forum!

Glad you came out of the shadows and onto the forum. This is a great resource for anything flight related. The FT22 in all black looks sharp!

If you have any previous flight time, the FT22 is no problem at all. I would say it could easily be a first plane and trainer if set up correctly. I have a 24g blue wonder on my 9yo daughter's FT22 that she built at Flite Fest last year and she flys it well. Just make sure your elevons are programmed correctly.

Here she is buddy boxing with me. I help with take offs and most landings ;) .

mklages

WOW that's great i have a son the same age he will be learning with me this summer. What kind of TX/trainer system was that i did't see any wire between TX's??

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi mklages, welcome to the forum! I feel you on the winter weather, especially since it is suppose to be in the negative digits this weekend :( I think playing on the sim every now and then until you can fly in spring is a great move. I learned a lot of my flying through the musle memory Ive built up on the sim.

The 200mph for $200 challenge is a nice idea. It has been a while since the crew did a challenge purely for the fun and wonder. I also like the idea of putting the CC3D on a plane. It has been a long time since FT has done an episode with a flight controller and I dont think they have ever shown a GPS assisted plane with all the autonomous bells and whistles.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
WOW that's great i have a son the same age he will be learning with me this summer. What kind of TX/trainer system was that i did't see any wire between TX's??

Thanks! We are using Spektrum DX6s with wireless buddy box. I just happen to have two due to a great craigslist find on one but only one DX6(newer black version) with the feature is needed. I can also bind the small txs that come with the horizon hobby RTF kits as well for smaller hands , like the one Peter just did a transplant with in the latest FT youtube video.

Hello dear Flitetest Team
We are 5 Guys and we Build all Planes from flitetest. Its a Great experience to Build and fly. We Talk to Evers guy and Girl and we say Support Flitetest and Buy the Speed Build of Build the plane. Thanks for all its so amazing :) we call US Nerdsverein :D We Show you Clips on YouTube . Greetings from switzerland :) Philippe and all People from Nerdverein

Attachments

• 81ED1718-0C72-40CA-A81C-F60368AE2297.jpeg
    81ED1718-0C72-40CA-A81C-F60368AE2297.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 3C6FA437-F0B7-4CDC-8622-EDDB44AF5E30.jpeg
    3C6FA437-F0B7-4CDC-8622-EDDB44AF5E30.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 4F2FCD01-EB30-4F07-A054-0640F17CDC7F.jpeg
    4F2FCD01-EB30-4F07-A054-0640F17CDC7F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • F405E0B2-7792-4B9A-B093-87170EA8A65F.jpeg
    F405E0B2-7792-4B9A-B093-87170EA8A65F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 947BE0FF-80DB-443E-ADF8-3A4F50342E71.jpeg
    7.7 MB · Views: 0

Chuppster

Hello dear Flitetest Team
We are 5 Guys and we Build all Planes from flitetest. Its a Great experience to Build and fly. We Talk to Evers guy and Girl and we say Support Flitetest and Buy the Speed Build of Build the plane. Thanks for all its so amazing :) we call US Nerdsverein :D We Show you Clips on YouTube . Greetings from switzerland :) Philippe and all People from Nerdverein
Welcome! Your airplanes look awesome!

Mods, could you give these guys there own thread? @FlyingMonkey