M

MCNC

know absolutely nothing about rc. have been reading and building a 90' Vintage astro blaster. I am looking for a page of common terms and definitions instead of having to search every unfamiliar term. Is that page here? I have a spectrum dx6 but have not turned it on yet. Full time work does not allow much time. will begin electronics after my blaster is ready to finish. Spent most of my time so far building a hobby table

mayan

Legendary member
know absolutely nothing about rc. have been reading and building a 90' Vintage astro blaster. I am looking for a page of common terms and definitions instead of having to search every unfamiliar term. Is that page here? I have a spectrum dx6 but have not turned it on yet. Full time work does not allow much time. will begin electronics after my blaster is ready to finish. Spent most of my time so far building a hobby table
I haven’t seen any but will be happy to start one if you give me some terms you are not familiar with and would like an explanation to start with.

M

MCNC

Thank you.
TT, I think that means tiny trainer, but that does not help much

Bloody X

Speed build

carbon fiber x, where do you find this stuff at a store and what of it is used in planes

hot glue sticks , which type for foamboard builds

that is all that come to mind quickly this am

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
@MarcClarkNC- You are right, TT means tiny trainer,

I am pretty sure that bloody X is a hypothetical series of combat planes,

speedbuild refers to the pre-cut foamboard plane kits that flite test sells,

carbon fiber x I think just means that an airframe is reinforced with carbon fiber,

as for hot glue sticks, any will work, but I have heard that gorilla glue sticks work really well.

Last edited:

Dante

TT is tiny trainer- it is one of the easiest planes to build and fly and is a great recommendation for a beginner. It can be built with a glider nose or motor and a glider wing or sport (aileron) wing

Bloody X- A series of planes designed by Dan Sponholtz ( @Sponz ) on the forums. This includes the Bloody Baron, Bloody Brit, and Bloody Wonder. They all feature too much power and insane performance with a tiny wing allowing them to be great for combat. Combat is when a bunch of planes fly together and you try to knock the other ones out of the sky.

Speed Build- pre cut foam board that Flite Test (also known as FT) sells

Carbon Fiber X- You don't need this for your first build. It is very expensive (albeit strong and light). I have been flying for over 2 years and have built dozens of planes, but have only used a single carbon arrow shaft as a spar or glider fuselage. If you want it, buy carbon fiber tubing online (idk where, just look). Otherwise just go into an archery shop and ask for old carbon fiber arrow shafts they are no longer using.

Hot Glue Sticks- Any kind works, as long as it is high temp melt, not low temperature melt. Too low and it will harden too quickly so yoou can't do long stretches (like wings)

Jimun

Elite member
Welcome aboard

mayan

Legendary member
@MacClarkNC I think you got the answers to your questions :). I won't repeat because they all covered it pretty darn well. The only thing I will add is that for your first builds as well as all your FT builds you will not need carbon fiber. I have been building for an year now and have never had the use for it. Good luck!

M

MCNC

All good information guys. Thanks
I guess I was confusing Tiny with micro which may be another word that I think helps prevent some confusion.

mayan

Legendary member
Micro usually means small planes things that can usually fly indoors from what I know. They Tiny Trainer is no micro plane :).