New Not New? From Nor-Cal

farmer

I've been a member here for years, even posted one of my builds long time ago, but never introduced myself because I got out of fixed-wing flight unexpectedly about the time I signed up wish I had a choice in the matter. But I'm back, that's all that matters and hope to contribute in any way I can.

So briefly about me.

My name is Rob and I've been flying RC since I was 6 years old, last year I got into fpv mini quads to be exact, but it left a lot to be desired on its own so naturally I came back to my roots. Threw my 7 year old fun cub in the air and was hooked again. I used to build coroplast about 15 years ago. And foam board about 11 years ago.

I love twin motor aircraft, I'm looking to build a fast stable twin motor for fpv. If you guys have any ideas of what maybe I can give it a try let me know.

Hope to meet and fly with as many as you as I can.

Happy Shredding

Rob

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Hi Rob, and wellcome to FT comunity.
Flite Test has some interesting twins that maybe could be nice to try as first FPV planes. I had never tried before but i am sure a lot of members could give you their opinions about it.
Take a look to those nice planes.
Flite Test Legacy
Legacy build article
Captura de pantalla de 2019-06-21 08-35-54.png
Flite Test Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig build article
Captura de pantalla de 2019-06-21 08-36-10.png
Carlos.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've been a member here for years, even posted one of my builds long time ago, but never introduced myself because I got out of fixed-wing flight unexpectedly about the time I signed up wish I had a choice in the matter. But I'm back, that's all that matters and hope to contribute in any way I can.

So briefly about me.

My name is Rob and I've been flying RC since I was 6 years old, last year I got into fpv mini quads to be exact, but it left a lot to be desired on its own so naturally I came back to my roots. Threw my 7 year old fun cub in the air and was hooked again. I used to build coroplast about 15 years ago. And foam board about 11 years ago.

I love twin motor aircraft, I'm looking to build a fast stable twin motor for fpv. If you guys have any ideas of what maybe I can give it a try let me know.

Hope to meet and fly with as many as you as I can.

Happy Shredding

Rob

Welcome back, Rob! Where are you flying out of? My wife's family lives up in Concord/Pleasant Hill/Lafayette area, near SF. :) Always good to know where some of my fellow California fliers are! :)

K3V0

Elite member
Heyo, I’m just seeing this as I’m looking into twins too! I’m in Oakland if you fly in the Bay Area. Happy holidays!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Welcome Rob, nice to have you back. We will forgive your hiatus :LOL:

One plane I could recommend to you... FT Cruiser, fast and stable twin, perfect for FPV. Keep us posted

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’ve done the little and big guinea pigs, and I don’t think the big guinea would make a great fpv platform as it’s kinda slow and not super maneuverable. However the mini guinea pig would be epic! It’s a rocket on 3s. Have fun and welcome back!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh, and if you want to do a flying wing @Arcfyre made a really cool twin motor versa wing with two f pack motors. That would be a great fpv platform!