New pre-decorated FT Mighty Mini T-28 Trojans

Hoomi

Master member
Anyone else jonesing for one of the new pre-printed Trojans?

While the ink job nearly doubles the price of the SBK, I started thinking about it, and figured out it's still a good deal. I mean, if I ordered custom decals from Callie to decorate one of the plain SBK models, I'd likely drop around $30 or so right there. Factor in the cost of spray paint, particularly if you're looking at one that needs more than one color, and you're going to spend that difference in price anyway.

Being an old USAF guy, that Air Force trainer scheme is mighty tempting...

Or, should that be, Mighty Mini tempting?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’m not planning on getting a printed t-28, but I am considering getting one of the printed p-40’s next month when those get realeased. You’re right, it’s not a bad deal, although the new kits have included decals so you wouldn’t necessarily need to purchase Callie graphics anymore.

Hoomi

Master member
Since most of the trainer planes that have come out have been in Navy schemes, I might end up going for custom decals anyway. No insult intended to the Navy, as they have some terrific planes and pilots. I just like my Air Force birds.

There are several nice T28 PNP models available out there, and if one of them had been decorated in one of the USAF schemes, I would have been very tempted. That was one of the reasons I snagged that swap meet T6 Texan II. While the Navy also uses the Texan II, this model is in USAF livery.

SSgt Duramax

Anyone else jonesing for one of the new pre-printed Trojans?

While the ink job nearly doubles the price of the SBK, I started thinking about it, and figured out it's still a good deal. I mean, if I ordered custom decals from Callie to decorate one of the plain SBK models, I'd likely drop around $30 or so right there. Factor in the cost of spray paint, particularly if you're looking at one that needs more than one color, and you're going to spend that difference in price anyway.

Being an old USAF guy, that Air Force trainer scheme is mighty tempting...

Or, should that be, Mighty Mini tempting?
I'm Air Force and I bought the Jolly Rogers one.

Hoomi

Master member
Surprise in the mail today. My wife bought the USAF T-28 for my birthday present this year. :)

Along with the Power Pack F.

T28.jpg

Hoomi

Master member
Scanning through the build video, I'm wondering if I could modify the build a bit, and install the steerable nose wheel that's used on my Freewing Stinger EDF. I bought a second set, and am considering taking the old nose wheel off the Stinger, as some of the edge plastic is cracked from some hard landings (first EDF learning curve...). It looks like the nose wheel in the FT Trojan design is fixed, not steerable, and it would be nice to have steering for ground handling.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
ATTN: @Splinter189 , @Rasterize , @fliteadmin , @flitetest , and anyone that can help.

The FTMM SkyFX T-28's don't come with landing gear, so...

Is there a kit for it? If not...

(EDIT: The T-28 Landing Gear kit is available on the FT Store, as of Friday 12-3-21!)

What size wheels, and wire?
What dimensions are the ply parts?

I want to build it but I'd like to get the right parts first.
I can make the wheels/tires, and ply parts, if I knew the sizes.
I plan on going a bit thicker on the gear wire. I'm sure I'll need it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hoomi

Master member
Landing gear kit arrived yesterday, so I should get back down to the Dungeon and get some more done on the Trojan. :)