Help! New project. DLG flying wing

Will it fly? I mean, will it glide?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • It will fly but it will be too heavy to glide properly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You'll need to add a motor to that thing.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don't think it flies at all

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Piotrsko

Master member
30 years ago there was great debate whether or not the hinge reattached airflow with the gap on top. Since no one had a wind tunnel, the results varied on every plane.

Long wire radio system, the receiver and transmitter are inteferring with each other. Move them about 20 ft apart and see if the channel 1 servo stops jittering

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Piotrsko

Master member
I did answer, mostly. The TX & RX are touching each other in the movie. Move them apart, the " JITTER" should stop. Do a range test to be certain it is not interference. I believe you have used this system before, so it is known reliable. If the JITTER stops, the radio is working properly. I have one receiver that hates fluorescent lights, took me forever to figure that out.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I did answer, mostly. The TX & RX are touching each other in the movie. Move them apart, the " JITTER" should stop. Do a range test to be certain it is not interference. I believe you have used this system before, so it is known reliable. If the JITTER stops, the radio is working properly. I have one receiver that hates fluorescent lights, took me forever to figure that out.
Oh, really sorry for that, i didn;t see your answer till now :cautious:. Yes, Tx and Rx are relly close each other, i need to make some range test and see how it goes. But i think the problem came form the insufitient power suplied to the Rx. Let me explaind myself. When conecting only one servo, the Rx LED pilot stay sollid and servo movement is smooth. When conect 2 servos the LED pilot flash at extreme inputs and stay solid at slow inputs... when conet more than 2 servos it stay flashing and servos move jumping instead smoth.
Seems like servos drain to much power form the Rx.
With two servos it works but at quick inoputs the LED flashs and the servos jump instead going smoth. It works but could it be a risk??? Could u please review the video again to double check it? thanks in advance

Piotrsko

Master member
Sorry none of my radios have lights on the receiver so I don't look for that. Yup 3 servos making it worse means your batteries aren't big enough for your servos OR the batteries you have are poor quality. I don't have a Cuban specific fix for that other than American style ENERGIZERS/ high power alkaline (expensive $$$). current AAA set up is Risky and for short flights only.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Sorry none of my radios have lights on the receiver so I don't look for that. Yup 3 servos making it worse means your batteries aren't big enough for your servos OR the batteries you have are poor quality. I don't have a Cuban specific fix for that other than American style ENERGIZERS/ high power alkaline (expensive $$$).
I see. Here is what i am going to do.
With two servos conected it works fine, so i will make some range test, if it works fine i will give it a try at the field. What could happend? if I lose control during the flight, it's just a matter of picking it up where it falls. :LOL:
It it does not pass the range test, i will replace the AAA batteries with the 3s 800mAh.
Thanks for your input.(y)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
There you go proper landing. Have you seen L edges kid adjustng the throttle on his chopper midflight? I catch everything I own including the slow stick. My KFM hurts if I dont get it correct.
Do you fly with L Edge? I haven’t seen that, seems entertaining though! I’ve only caught a plane once, but with the 3D I’ve been getting more comfortable in hovering so hopefully one of these days I will be able to reach out and catch it!