Help! New project. DLG flying wing

Will it fly? I mean, will it glide?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • It will fly but it will be too heavy to glide properly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You'll need to add a motor to that thing.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don't think it flies at all

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Piotrsko

Master member
Do you fly with L Edge? I haven’t seen that, seems entertaining though! I’ve only caught a plane once, but with the 3D I’ve been getting more comfortable in hovering so hopefully one of these days I will be able to reach out and catch it!
Firstly, all my stuff ISNT 3D (for a reason), that is in the "get it wrong and it will leave a mark" class. You'll know when you can pull it off, and I guarantee the rush thereafter will be impressive. The L Edge video is over in the pre 2000 forum.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Firstly, all my stuff ISNT 3D (for a reason), that is in the "get it wrong and it will leave a mark" class. You'll know when you can pull it off, and I guarantee the rush thereafter will be impressive. The L Edge video is over in the pre 2000 forum.
Yeah, it could definitely hurt if you missed! Do you have a link to the vid?

Piotrsko

Master member
If the prop is not spinning, and the plane is under a 750 grams it isn't hard. Set it up in a stable glide, aim at yourself and be prepared to jump out of the way. If you can fly fairly well, piece of cake. Add standing on the edge of a steep cliff with a really fast heavy plane and it could get exciting......

cdfigueredo

Elite member
If the prop is not spinning, and the plane is under a 750 grams it isn't hard. Set it up in a stable glide, aim at yourself and be prepared to jump out of the way. If you can fly fairly well, piece of cake. Add standing on the edge of a steep cliff with a really fast heavy plane and it could get exciting......
You make it sound easy!!! I have tried to do it several times, I turn off the motor and hold the stick down with my thumb firmly so there is no accident, but the air makes the prop spin while gliding and makes it look like the motor is still running, and I end up getting out of the way. :rolleyes:

Piotrsko

Master member
I fly until the ESC stops the motor then I have to land, so no worries that it will restart.

Wear a leather glove on your left hand, but my props don't usually spin with the motor off. You get a thousand extra points if you wing catch it as it goes by. Discus landing? AND if you don't catch it, it usually is set up for a decent landing.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Ready for maiden tomorrow
IMG_20200327_222546.jpg

198g using 4 AAA batteries.
IMG_20200327_222509.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Was Epic!!!!!!! An Epic fail!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:
Totally badd launch and it loose the tail. Cracked a wing. Won't be a second try.
It is not bad news, I least I don't have covod-19.

Piotrsko

Master member
Was Epic!!!!!!! An Epic fail!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:
Totally badd launch and it loose the tail. Cracked a wing. Won't be a second try.
It is not bad news, I least I don't have covod-19.
To an Engineer, there are no failures, just extreme learning experiences. I would fix it to learn how to launch. Not like you'll break it worse, it will just look like my stuff on my maidens.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
To an Engineer, there are no failures, just extreme learning experiences. I would fix it to learn how to launch. Not like you'll break it worse, it will just look like my stuff on my maidens.
I kept the wings, maybe I will make a different plane in the future. I have many projects that I have to finish. So I will finish them and then I will try with a simpler glider.