New Simple Scout with 3D printed parts and Vinyl decals...

PokerPilot

Here is a shot of my new Simple Scout with 3D printed cylinders, wheels, and pilot. I also did the vinyl decals myself. I'm very excited about what this new technology will bring to this hobby!

Attachments

• Simple Scout.jpg
    Simple Scout.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Beavis

Dude, that is tight! Well done! I don't have a 3d printer, but I am also excited about what it brings to ANY hobby, either through low price or through innovation.

I've been enjoying my Simple Scout. I am building a replacement for my original, and will probably take some inspiration from you and do a paint job that could only hope to be as nice as yours.

PokerPilot

STL files for 3D printed parts...

Here is a ZIP folder with the STL files for both the cylinders (two parts) and the tire hubs and rubber. I printed them all in PLA and the tire itself in ProFlex (TPU).

Attachments

• Scout STL.zip
    243.1 KB · Views: 9

PokerPilot

I printed the decals with a CRICUT explore vinyl cutter using Adobe Illustrator to prepare the files. Once they're cut, I stuck them on and hit them with some matte sealer...

kilroy07

Legendary member
Very Nice! I just purchased a Cricut for this purpose! (an older explore) Care to share your files for the iron cross?

PokerPilot

Sure! Here is the .jpg I used to create the vector file. Unfortunately, the forum won't let you upload vector graphics files. I just put this in to Illustrator and image traced it.

Attachments

• iron cross.jpg
    iron cross.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3