New times for long time couple

tharrell1

I don't have any pictures to show, because no one has time to take them for what I'm writing about.
I found FliteTest a few years ago, and got into RC flying by watching the videos, reading the articles, and just having fun being able to crash and get back in the air in minutes. Over my time, my wife started comming out and watching me, making fun of me whenever I messed one of my planes up (yea, she's like that). She finally worked up the nerve to ask me to make her a plane and teach her to fly, which started a new type of dating for us after 28 years. Well, to make a long story fun, after many crashes and no burns, we started hanging streamers from our slower planes (and gliders) and let the dogs chase them. I never knew a Huskie could jump so high! Now, when the dogs see us taking our planes out, they (a Huskie and a Cocker Spaniel) run outside and start bouncing around the yard. Our cocker is into her teens now, and seems to have almost as much energy as the 2 year old Huskie.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Wow you sooo lucked out with your wife mate. I think if you tell us she likes fishing too you MAY have found the perfect woman! :eek:

The dogs are a great part of life. I miss having one around. It is amazing how they return the effort you put into them. If you like quiet life they are happy to laze around with you and relax. If you are into doing things out doors and like fast paced things they are all about that as well.

We forgive you for no documentation as you are new here but any further infractions of no pics or videos will be severly punshihed with delays and mix ups on any future FT purchases!

Just kidding we have no control over any of that. Just remember pics and vids power this forum and we like to see what others do in the hobby from anywhere in the world. Congrats again on a successful marriage of 28 years and for your wife's successful integration into the hobby.

tharrell1

Wow you sooo lucked out with your wife mate. I think if you tell us she likes fishing too you MAY have found the perfect woman! :eek:

The dogs are a great part of life. I miss having one around. It is amazing how they return the effort you put into them. If you like quiet life they are happy to laze around with you and relax. If you are into doing things out doors and like fast paced things they are all about that as well.

We forgive you for no documentation as you are new here but any further infractions of no pics or videos will be severly punshihed with delays and mix ups on any future FT purchases!

Just kidding we have no control over any of that. Just remember pics and vids power this forum and we like to see what others do in the hobby from anywhere in the world. Congrats again on a successful marriage of 28 years and for your wife's successful integration into the hobby.

I didn't mention that she LOVES fishing? We're on the coast, so all we do is salt water fishing. She's better outfitted than I am.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
We bow to you in homage for being the first to find such a "Catch". You sir are a very lucky man.

Now get us some flying videos to prove this is all real.. video or it NEVER happened!! (Fishing proof is optional but also cool by me)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
A wife that likes fishing AND flying...Whoa...LOL

Mine tells me to go to the field and fly. Lately she's been wanting to come along, but it's so that she can sit and paint rocks while I fly. I'm good with that. :) Yours, however? You got a winner. :)

basslord1124

Master member
That is awesome man! Love the part about the dogs. On some level I'd like to let my wife have another chance at planes but she's already told me she prefers drones over planes. She prefers the flies itself, stable, only used for video/photography drones.

CrimsonKing70

I know this I a old thread but I’m new here so it’s new to me. Lol. A couple weeks ago I came across flitetest on you tube. And started binge watching review and build videos. I was hooked.! I hadn’t really discussed with my wife yet. We were out last weekend shopping. And I told her I needed to swing by dollar tree for some for foam board to build a plane. She had that kind of smirk smile that says. Boys and their toys. Lol. Saturday I printed and trimmed plans for mini Corsair and long ez. Sunday morning I started taping cutouts to foam board on the kitchen table. She came in the room and offered to help. My son (6years old) came in and saw us using a glue gun and got excited and wanted to build something too. We stayed in the kitchen for almost 8hrs. Building 2 planes and a cardboard castle. Best day we had had together in a while.
We went outside to try to glide LongEZ and promptly broke it. Lol. She then said let’s go to store and get more foam board and hot glue. She said she wants to build another. “Yes “!!! My wonderful wife has declared that Sunday’s are “Family hobby day”. I have ordered some electronics for planes and look forward to all the fun

Attachments

• 44A48B5B-9EF3-495A-B651-7B95E6391052.jpeg
    44A48B5B-9EF3-495A-B651-7B95E6391052.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 133C9F51-D28A-4331-A00E-552F01DFA255.jpeg
    133C9F51-D28A-4331-A00E-552F01DFA255.jpeg
    624.8 KB · Views: 0

CrimsonKing70

Oh yeah. We have been together for 19 years. Still act like a couple kids. And all tho we don’t fish. She does have her own rc car (1/10traxxas summit). That she brings outside with the boys to play in the mud with.

This is what life is really about!! Fun with family!!!

Captain Video

My wife and I have been married for 29 years. She brings our golden retrievers out when I fly from time to time so she can make fun of my misadventures. Our older golden could care less but our 1 yr old loves to chase the planes. My wife has no desire to fly with me but I am happy when she go with me.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I don't have any pictures to show, because no one has time to take them for what I'm writing about.
I found FliteTest a few years ago, and got into RC flying by watching the videos, reading the articles, and just having fun being able to crash and get back in the air in minutes. Over my time, my wife started comming out and watching me, making fun of me whenever I messed one of my planes up (yea, she's like that). She finally worked up the nerve to ask me to make her a plane and teach her to fly, which started a new type of dating for us after 28 years. Well, to make a long story fun, after many crashes and no burns, we started hanging streamers from our slower planes (and gliders) and let the dogs chase them. I never knew a Huskie could jump so high! Now, when the dogs see us taking our planes out, they (a Huskie and a Cocker Spaniel) run outside and start bouncing around the yard. Our cocker is into her teens now, and seems to have almost as much energy as the 2 year old Huskie.
That is a great story, My girl isn't into the flying thing but appreciates my interest in it and supports it all the way. That streamer thing with the dogs, I am so doing that, the dog will eat the planes while they are on the ground and will chase it on launch but thats it. I am so tying streamers to the Baron and see if the dog chases it, should wear her out so she calms down at home

Bricks

Master member
That is a great story, My girl isn't into the flying thing but appreciates my interest in it and supports it all the way. That streamer thing with the dogs, I am so doing that, the dog will eat the planes while they are on the ground and will chase it on launch but thats it. I am so tying streamers to the Baron and see if the dog chases it, should wear her out so she calms down at home

Maybe turn it into a bussiness Dog Flying getting your dog in the best shape of his life............ Only $5 per flight errr session.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh yeah. We have been together for 19 years. Still act like a couple kids. And all tho we don’t fish. She does have her own rc car (1/10traxxas summit). That she brings outside with the boys to play in the mud with.

This is what life is really about!! Fun with family!!!
She has the summit? Lucky! I want one, but I got the e revo 2.0 instead. It is super awesome!