New to all of this!

Fuzzyvg

I always wanted to get into RC Planes but never really got a chance. Some how stumbled onto FTs YouTube and was hooked! Made a Dollar Store Foam Sparrow chuck glider this weekend! Now i am all in. I ordered a cheap TX/RX and a simulator cable (put in some sim time before going full electric!) The cable says it is compatible with Phoenix so we will see!

My Daughter(8yr) had fun tossing the sparrow, and to be honest she got way better glides than i did hahaha. But the fact it glided with all the imperfections was definitely a boost in my confidence.

Fuzzyvg

I'd suggest pics and video for us all to enjoy.

Here Is when i was finished working on the Sparrow (had some issue around the hatch with cutting a taddddd to deep lol ):
IMG_20181103_212214.jpg

Forum wouldnt let me add a gif, but here is may Daughter tossing it!
Click Here -> Gif

Quick Edit: yup dollar store had white foam board and Red foam board (one side red one side white)

d8veh

Elite member
She's a natural plane launcher. a few guys on this forum could learn a thing or two from her.

Fuzzyvg

Be sure to check out my Round 2 thread

I will check it out!

Yeah I am building a version 2 Sparrow using the twin plans with the removable nose, but making it single like the OG sparrow. I purchased an A pack and am patiently waiting for my FT delivery.

basslord1124

Master member
Welcome to the madness. The Sparrow is only the beginning. :) FT has really brought the RC plane hobby more into the spotlight especially in terms of making it fun AND cheap.

Fuzzyvg

Welcome to the madness. FT has really brought the RC plane hobby more into the spotlight especially in terms of making it fun AND cheap.

I cant agree more, they made it SUPER accessible to people to test the waters!

I always wanted to fly planes and they were just sooo expensive and the learning curve (just to get it in the air! when i was 18 i spent like $150 on a RTF "starter plane" from the local hobby joint, it never made it in the air) . I mean you had crappy airhog toys but it just didnt do it justice. I am having more fun building Wings for my sparrow, messing up a fold scratching it and re building it. I mean i went bonkers on a spending spree at the dollar store blowing a whole $7 on foam hahahaha.