New to CNC. Best way to bring FT Plans to Stepcraft D840

Captain Video

Good Evening Everyone in the FT world.
It has been a minute since I posted last. My neighbor has a Stepcraft D840 of which he has granted me access. Historically, I would print out plans and spray glue them to the foam-board... You know the rest. I am new to CNC and need direction how to go from PDF to what the Stepcraft will understand. All input will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing everyone at Flite Fest 2022. Thank you in advance.

Flying Monkey fab

Elite member
Good Evening Everyone in the FT world.
It has been a minute since I posted last. My neighbor has a Stepcraft D840 of which he has granted me access. Historically, I would print out plans and spray glue them to the foam-board... You know the rest. I am new to CNC and need direction how to go from PDF to what the Stepcraft will understand. All input will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing everyone at Flite Fest 2022. Thank you in advance.

Okay, first off the disclaimer, I have no experience with the D840 but I do have cnc experience.

First off, on the hardware side, does he have a laser attachment? If not you will need to invest in a drag knife as a spinning router bit will just make a mess.

As to SW, your friend probably has Vcarv or Aspire and that will import Vector-based PDF directly.

Captain Video

Okay, first off the disclaimer, I have no experience with the D840 but I do have cnc experience.

First off, on the hardware side, does he have a laser attachment? If not you will need to invest in a drag knife as a spinning router bit will just make a mess.

As to SW, your friend probably has Vcarv or Aspire and that will import Vector-based PDF directly.