• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New to CNC. Best way to bring FT Plans to Stepcraft D840

Captain Video

Good Evening Everyone in the FT world.
It has been a minute since I posted last. My neighbor has a Stepcraft D840 of which he has granted me access. Historically, I would print out plans and spray glue them to the foam-board... You know the rest. I am new to CNC and need direction how to go from PDF to what the Stepcraft will understand. All input will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing everyone at Flite Fest 2022. Thank you in advance.

Good Evening Everyone in the FT world.
It has been a minute since I posted last. My neighbor has a Stepcraft D840 of which he has granted me access. Historically, I would print out plans and spray glue them to the foam-board... You know the rest. I am new to CNC and need direction how to go from PDF to what the Stepcraft will understand. All input will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing everyone at Flite Fest 2022. Thank you in advance.
Okay, first off the disclaimer, I have no experience with the D840 but I do have cnc experience.

First off, on the hardware side, does he have a laser attachment? If not you will need to invest in a drag knife as a spinning router bit will just make a mess.

As to SW, your friend probably has Vcarv or Aspire and that will import Vector-based PDF directly.

Captain Video

Okay, first off the disclaimer, I have no experience with the D840 but I do have cnc experience.

First off, on the hardware side, does he have a laser attachment? If not you will need to invest in a drag knife as a spinning router bit will just make a mess.

As to SW, your friend probably has Vcarv or Aspire and that will import Vector-based PDF directly.