New to FliteTest & Tiny Trainer set up (control surfaces, expo, & CG)

sidletg

Just adding my first post here. I really like the Tiny Trainer, and have graduated from three to four channels with the aileron wing... I can say using the high/low angle template and expo for control surface throws was a big key for learning to fly. Much easier to learn on the low throws ... Just my $0.02 Also, I had to move by battery back to get the CG right. Great plane for me, and a really good build and fly experience.

sidletg

I flew again on Friday. Only time for one battery before dark. The shorter days now in November, and dropping temps are a challenge. The bright side, no mosquitoes. On another topic, I'm learning about printed paper "skins" to finish the FT models. Winter will allow more building time.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I flew again on Friday. Only time for one battery before dark. The shorter days now in November, and dropping temps are a challenge. The bright side, no mosquitoes. On another topic, I'm learning about printed paper "skins" to finish the FT models. Winter will allow more building time.
Stay calm & keep flying

tmasaitis

Hi Guys,
I love tiny trainer, flies very nicely !!! My boys love them. Currently building advanced wing version with Ailerons, question thou, does ailerons needs to be adjusted with the same low and high gauge that we have used for rudder and elevator ?? or we have to follow other rules ?? Please advise ;)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys,
I love tiny trainer, flies very nicely !!! My boys love them. Currently building advanced wing version with Ailerons, question thou, does ailerons needs to be adjusted with the same low and high gauge that we have used for rudder and elevator ?? or we have to follow other rules ?? Please advise ;)
The amount of throw is a personal choice, some like more throw than other. The throw gauge is a good place to start. Starting low and working higher is a good practice.

When you master the stock throws & are ready for more, try turning them up. Move the higher rates to the low setting, then turn the high rate up. After you are comfortable with the higher rates, try moving the CG aft, try 1/8 to 1/4 inch at a time.

Last edited: