New to Flying

Goon

Brand new to flying. My son and I finished building and flying our first planes. Both were the mini trainers. Awesome planes. We took them out 3 times with maybe an hour total flight time. Both broke the tails. I removed the servos and glued the thing all together and will give it to my little one as a glider to toss around. My older boy will fix his and continue on. I am almost finished building the FT Flyer and plan to get airborne this weekend. So far...LOVE it! So easy, cheap and easy to fix when you crash.
Any suggestions on any other foam board planes to build for new pilots?

Reactions: FDS

Gazoo

Brand new to flying. My son and I finished building and flying our first planes. Both were the mini trainers. Awesome planes. We took them out 3 times with maybe an hour total flight time. Both broke the tails. I removed the servos and glued the thing all together and will give it to my little one as a glider to toss around. My older boy will fix his and continue on. I am almost finished building the FT Flyer and plan to get airborne this weekend. So far...LOVE it! So easy, cheap and easy to fix when you crash.
Any suggestions on any other foam board planes to build for new pilots?
I love the way the Bloody Wonder flies. Easy to build too. Good luck.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I 2nd the simple cub. The tiny trainer, explorer, storch, and bushwhacker are also worthy of consideration.

Reactions: FDS

Goon

Thanks.
I enjoy the Flyer but it grabs the wind alot. I'm starting on the explorer now. I'll post pics when I'm finished. I built the delta and couldn't get it in the air. I only had a 1200kv motor and a 6x3 prop, too small. Just received 8x4.5 props for those motors and will probably try that.
Will a small prop for that motor keep the plane from even getting off the ground or is the delta that difficult to fly?