Help! New to Forum. Ft Egde 540 trainer?

PoorManRC

Master member
Sorry guy I've been so busy lately I havent even finished my spear yet still havent maiden the cub yet the edge is done and hanging around planes for the x29 are printed and ready to go. Now I'm stuck on the world of Ben Harber and his planes F4 phantom or F16 is the ones I want to tackle my building skills are so improved
Ben's done a F-4??? :eek:
AND F-16??
ERMAGHERD!! That dude is an animal!! I wonder if he even has time to Eat?

The Falcon was one of the Birds I worked on in the Air Force in the early 90'S. Even flew them! (In a Simulator!! I was only a NCO)

I really need to find someone near me, with a Laser Cutter, who can cut me an Edge 540, without the Control Surfaces cut, and the FT Slinger, that David designed several years ago....

My hands got so messed up in 1990, by now I can barely control my Radio - much less sharp Blades!! 😳
I tried cutting a Storch last year, disaster!

That X-29 is still incredibly fascinating. Hope she Flies well for you!

Tdugar

If I had a laser cutter I'd ruin myself with plane builds the x29 is at the beginning stages I'm making copies of the planes because the crash will happen. I cant wait to start it I already have the 70 mm edf

KABFlyer

Scratch built my edge lol haven’t flown yet lol can’t wait to crash!!

Attachments

• CCDD2DBB-FE81-4E5F-835F-BAAEE3C26E40.jpeg
    CCDD2DBB-FE81-4E5F-835F-BAAEE3C26E40.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Tdugar

The F16 printed out. Ready to go I'm kinda intimidated to be honest. I hope my jet looks as good as the jets I've seen built. I'm just building it for now just like the edge I'm not flying this until I get more experience. Oh I've also got the x29 printed and ready to go I'm gonna use a 64 edf for that and the 70 edf for the F16. Wish me luck.
15648635513506159385642502123608.jpg

kilroy07

Legendary member
The F16 printed out. Ready to go I'm kinda intimidated to be honest. I hope my jet looks as good as the jets I've seen built. I'm just building it for now just like the edge I'm not flying this until I get more experience. Oh I've also got the x29 printed and ready to go I'm gonna use a 64 edf for that and the 70 edf for the F16. Wish me luck. View attachment 137895
The trickiest part is where the fuselage transitions, right above the intake.
Once you get that sorted out the rest comes together nicely!
(That's mine in my avatar pic.) ;)

Oh, and it seriously flies better than it looks, and it looks great!

Tdugar

Wheeeeeewwwwwwwwww what a build I should be done in a little bit check the nose though super impressed how that came out.
15649352661504911483117373045217.jpg

Tdugar

Well well well just look at her. Pure beauty she is heavyyyyyy, that's 3 planes complete one wing I'm thinking about putting fpv on it. But the f16 is awesome that little 6 blade edf produces good thrust. I have to wait till I get the 64 mm edf to start the x29 but I have a c pack size motor what will I build next.
15649776662686315296606000839370.jpg

Tdugar

Ben's done a F-4??? :eek:
AND F-16??
ERMAGHERD!! That dude is an animal!! I wonder if he even has time to Eat?

The Falcon was one of the Birds I worked on in the Air Force in the early 90'S. Even flew them! (In a Simulator!! I was only a NCO)

I really need to find someone near me, with a Laser Cutter, who can cut me an Edge 540, without the Control Surfaces cut, and the FT Slinger, that David designed several years ago....

My hands got so messed up in 1990, by now I can barely control my Radio - much less sharp Blades!! 😳
I tried cutting a Storch last year, disaster!

That X-29 is still incredibly fascinating. Hope she Flies well for you!
I've completely the f16 and wow she is niceeeeeeee. I have to make a better hatch over the wings and get some servo extensions and a battery oh and extend the battery leads
242276_822d0a44904a86afecdc0e3efbb0d0f2.jpg

ZOHIO

Im a drone pilot Dji Mavic Pro is my weapon of choice. But my passion is planes. The Edge 540 has always been one of my favorite planes. I was going to scratch build the ft edge to use it as a trainer. I've never built a plane I've flown a plane once then after 15 minutes of flying the crash happened lol that was 3 years ago. I gonna see where this goes wish me luck.
The Edge 540 is a great intermediate to advanced plane. This being said I highly suggest waiting and learning to fly some other models first. I would also highly suggest buying the scratch build kit and assembling it that way. There are some tricky pieces and steps that are needed to assemble the plane. However, when you are ready to move to the edge I strongly suggest putting the throws lower than you think you can handle. The plane does move with some speed and can easily roll or loop too quickly if you let it. Best wishes and have fun!!!

Tdugar

The Edge 540 is a great intermediate to advanced plane. This being said I highly suggest waiting and learning to fly some other models first. I would also highly suggest buying the scratch build kit and assembling it that way. There are some tricky pieces and steps that are needed to assemble the plane. However, when you are ready to move to the edge I strongly suggest putting the throws lower than you think you can handle. The plane does move with some speed and can easily roll or loop too quickly if you let it. Best wishes and have fun!!!
Hey bud thank you for you knowledge. Everyone on here has told me it was a pretty ballsy thing to try so she will be a wall queen for right now. I built m
242276_822d0a44904a86afecdc0e3efbb0d0f2.jpg
238696_fd4bbab148265b4584fad5a69d868d53.jpg
y with the free plans. She came out awesome. I started with the simple cub then the 540 then the spear and I just finished the f16 last night. My building confidence is through the roof now.
236590_5cb1965a511fb504ff609245644126d6 (2).jpg

Last edited:

ZOHIO

Hey bud thank you for you knowledge. Everyone on here has told me it was a pretty ballsy thing to try so she will be a wall queen for right now. I built m View attachment 138129 View attachment 138130 y with the free plans. She came out awesome. I started with the simple cub then the 540 then the spear and I just finished the f16 last night. My building confidence is through the roof now. View attachment 138140
Those all look absolutely fantastic! Happy building!