Help! New to Forum. Ft Egde 540 trainer?

kilroy07

Legendary member
Hey bud thank you for you knowledge. Everyone on here has told me it was a pretty ballsy thing to try so she will be a wall queen for right now. I built m View attachment 138129 View attachment 138130 y with the free plans. She came out awesome. I started with the simple cub then the 540 then the spear and I just finished the f16 last night. My building confidence is through the roof now. View attachment 138140
You’ll find the F16 flies quite nicely!
If you are doing fine with the cub give it a go (just watch your time, EDFs eat batteries.)
The Edge.... will do Exactly what you tell it to.... Good and Bad!
(I’ve found myself thinking about a roll and it’s already done three!)😜

Tdugar

You’ll find the F16 flies quite nicely!
If you are doing fine with the cub give it a go (just watch your time, EDFs eat batteries.)
The Edge.... will do Exactly what you tell it to.... Good and Bad!
(I’ve found myself thinking about a roll and it’s already done three!)😜
I'm not flying the f16 nor the 540 till I get some good flying time. I have a feeling I may crash the cub 😔😔😔😔🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Tdugar

So I came across this plane and it escalated quickly build fever is really serious. Ap Super Tucano
20190808_001227.jpg

Tdugar

Hey guys what a week. I've just purchased a house so I havent been able to get on as much as I like but within a couple weeks I'll be back at it. The cub still unmaidened smh. The edge lacks landing gear and aileron servos the spear is unfinished. The 70mm F16 is completely done but she'll hang there until my confidence reaches that level. I'm still going to do the x29 and the super Tucano but I wanted to know if anyone has built a ic35 with a 70mm edf because it's a big jet begging for it lol i just dont know how to get it done

Tdugar

20190922_203611.jpg
20190922_203535.jpg
20190922_203603.jpg
20190922_203555.jpg
I just love building these planes. This thing is huge. I destroyed my simple cub while moving I didnt even know till it was too late. Heartbroken so I'm going to build another one but take a look at this baby. She is probably gonna be my trainer.

Tdugar

20190923_071805.jpg
20190923_071805.jpg
I proud of my building skills I've build every last one from the free build plans because I wanted to show my daughters the challenges and the rewards that come with accurately cutting the templates and building the planes following the directions in the video. Has to be the best experiences thus far.

Last edited:

kilroy07

Legendary member
I stand by that the explorer is the best trainer there is!
It's interesting you say that... Personally I have not had a lot of luck with the explorer....
Do you know of any common mistakes/issues I might be doing that would make the explorer more of a challenge than a joy to fly?
Might have been a tad tail heavy and/or overloaded because I flew it with two batteries to get it to balance... (Anything else I could have screwed up?....) I might revisit the design as the Bronco... :unsure:

Headbang

Master member
It's interesting you say that... Personally I have not had a lot of luck with the explorer....
Do you know of any common mistakes/issues I might be doing that would make the explorer more of a challenge than a joy to fly?
Might have been a tad tail heavy and/or overloaded because I flew it with two batteries to get it to balance... (Anything else I could have screwed up?....) I might revisit the design as the Bronco... :unsure:
Only 2 things that go wrong there is not using the reference marks for the motor pod angle, and improper cg. Extending the nose by an inch helps with battery placement. I like it with a 3300mah 3s. But have seen it fly great with a 4000 as well. So a couple 2200's would not be too much for it. Of course it will fly better with a single 2200.