Solved New to FPV. Vtx broken? help..

mjernix

Hello, I'm pretty new to FPV and recently i built my first quad. Now today i got the eachine ev100 goggles to try the real thing but i just cant figure out whats wrong. When i connect my battery, the leds on the VTX work and whenever i auto search on the goggles it goes from static to a black screen.

I'm not sure if i missed something. Am i supposed to do anything in betaflight?

The quadcopter itself flies and everything works like it should.

I have the iFlight Succex Mini F4 V2 stack and the Foxeer Arrow Micro Pro camera.

Please help a newbie out :)

Thanks for any help!

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hello, I'm pretty new to FPV and recently i built my first quad. Now today i got the eachine ev100 goggles to try the real thing but i just cant figure out whats wrong. When i connect my battery, the leds on the VTX work and whenever i auto search on the goggles it goes from static to a black screen.

I'm not sure if i missed something. Am i supposed to do anything in betaflight?

The quadcopter itself flies and everything works like it should.

I have the iFlight Succex Mini F4 V2 stack and the Foxeer Arrow Micro Pro camera.

Please help a newbie out :)

Thanks for any help!
Can you take a picture of your wiring, if you have nothing but a black screen it sounds like the video out from your stack is not connected to the vtx

mjernix

Can you take a picture of your wiring, if you have nothing but a black screen it sounds like the video out from your stack is not connected to the vtx

Here you go. This stack uses connectors so i just soldered the wires together and plugged it in.

Attachments

• 2019-09-19 15.33.49.jpg
    2019-09-19 15.33.49.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Here you go. This stack uses connectors so i just soldered the wires together and plugged it in.
Looks like your camera video is going directly to the vtx. I should go from the camera to the Video In of the Flight controller and then from the Video Out of the Flight controller to the Video in of the VTX.
Also....have you taken the lens cap off the camera? I've done that before and was scratching my head over why no picture. 😆

mjernix

Looks like your camera video is going directly to the vtx. I should go from the camera to the Video In of the Flight controller and then from the Video Out of the Flight controller to the Video in of the VTX.
Also....have you taken the lens cap off the camera? I've done that before and was scratching my head over why no picture. 😆

It's actually going to the FC.(see image) The lens cap is also off, that was the first thing that came to mind :D

Attachments

• 2019-09-19 15.43.58.jpg
    2019-09-19 15.43.58.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Sounds like you have it right... can't really see in the pictures sadly. Have you enabled OSD in betaflight? If you see the OSD text but no picture then it's an issue from camera to FC if no OSD text then it's more likely from FC to VTX issue.

mjernix

Sounds like you have it right... can't really see in the pictures sadly. Have you enabled OSD in betaflight? If you see the OSD text but no picture then it's an issue from camera to FC if no OSD text then it's more likely from FC to VTX issue.

I just noticed a resistor has broken off the VTX. I'm guessing this is the problem. I'll have to get a new vtx. Thanks for the help!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Just gonna throw this in here. @CarolineTyler hit all the majors, but when you get your new VTX, do NOT power it on without an antenna that is appropriate for the connector. No antenna at all or the wrong type of antenna (because the wrong ones will fit but not connect) can burn up your VTX in a heartbeat.

SMA and RP-SMA are not the same and you can connect the wrong ones if the circumstances are right.

Reactions: FDS