New to FT

TxThunderbolt

I've been lurking around the FT site for a few months...loving what I see. I'm an Aerospace Project Coordinator for a local college, and am working with (aka: trying to convince my director) my team to try out the FT STEM stuff.

While here, I plan on building a few aircraft and have fun in the process. While new to FT, I'm not new to aviation. I started flying at a very young age. I was in the USAF for 12+ years, as a maintainer and an aircraft maintenance instructor on the A-10 (the AF didn't allow NCOs and those without college degrees to fly their aircraft, so I chose to work on them... and I loved it!).

I primarily fly quad copters and other sUAS around for hobby and as part of my "job". Although, I've always loved fixed wing RC aircraft. With a few acres in my backyard, I have the perfect test area for my new creations!

Txwarthog

Wait you can't be Tx Warthog ...I'm Tx Warthog....lol I got a logo and everything. And welcome!!

Attachments

• P_20181027_102207.jpg
    P_20181027_102207.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

d8veh

Elite member
I've been lurking around the FT site for a few months...loving what I see. I'm an Aerospace Project Coordinator for a local college, and am working with (aka: trying to convince my director) my team to try out the FT STEM stuff.

While here, I plan on building a few aircraft and have fun in the process. While new to FT, I'm not new to aviation. I started flying at a very young age. I was in the USAF for 12+ years, as a maintainer and an aircraft maintenance instructor on the A-10 (the AF didn't allow NCOs and those without college degrees to fly their aircraft, so I chose to work on them... and I loved it!).

I primarily fly quad copters and other sUAS around for hobby and as part of my "job". Although, I've always loved fixed wing RC aircraft. With a few acres in my backyard, I have the perfect test area for my new creations!
I think it might be a good idea to change your name before you make too many posts otherwise people are going to get very confused. I had somebody copy my name on another forum and people used to send my messages to him. the worse thing was that he never forwarded them to me, so the first thing I knew was when i got messages or posts asking why I didn't reply to the previous one.
Welcome to the forum anyway. i'm sure you'll get a lot of fun from it.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
First of all, welcome. "Aerospace Project Coordinator"? Dude, just build one and do a demo. Have another, unbuilt kit on hand and you can demonstrate the build process while explaining the aerodynamics of the thing. Wow. You've got an awesome job. Welcome to the forum, friend.

TxThunderbolt

Thanks for the welcomes.

D8veh, thanks for the tip. I had been the only "TX Warthog" for years, going back to my time on the A-10. Seeing that TXWarthog beat me to the punch on the name, I'll spend some time thinking up a new screen name.

TXwarthog, thanks for the welcome. Since there can be only one (Highlander reference), I'll take D8veh's advice. lol.

Buzzbomb, you're right, I enjoy my job. I'm actively petitioning "bugging" my director to sign off on the idea of using FT Stem curriculum with our summer camps and other items. Once approved, I'll start the grant process to fund this habit, err, I mean hobby... I mean really important science STEM stuff!

Antioch

Good luck with the funding... looks like the perfect job... I have to imagine your director will cave shortly...given all the support/backers the stem program has... including the EAA.

Txwarthog

Fun fact only the flying tigers can have nose art. When I was at Pope even the c130s had nose art. Also the 3 APS has is the only DOD unit with the Disney character.

Last edited:

Txwarthog

Thanks for the welcomes.

D8veh, thanks for the tip. I had been the only "TX Warthog" for years, going back to my time on the A-10. Seeing that TXWarthog beat me to the punch on the name, I'll spend some time thinking up a new screen name.

TXwarthog, thanks for the welcome. Since there can be only one (Highlander reference), I'll take D8veh's advice. lol.

Buzzbomb, you're right, I enjoy my job. I'm actively petitioning "bugging" my director to sign off on the idea of using FT Stem curriculum with our summer camps and other items. Once approved, I'll start the grant process to fund this habit, err, I mean hobby... I mean really important science STEM stuff!

Truth Be known I joined the Air Force in 1995. 3rd APS. When I started playing fantasy football I named my team Warthogs.

d8veh

Elite member
I was a schoolteacher until i recently retired. I ran a small aeromodelling club for a while, but it was quite expensive, especially for me, and i couldn't get any significant help financially. The guy that took it over called it the Stem Club, and they couldn't give him money to fund it fast enough.