New to the forum and RC planes!

DanT88

Happy to join, love the YouTube Channel, it prompted me to buy my first plane. I just upgraded from it to my Carbon Cub S+. Coming from the world of RC cars this has been a super fun new way to experience RC

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Welcome Dan! I used to do the rc trucks but when my pocketbook couldn’t handle them anymore, flitetest was a perfect find. I think @PoorManRC had a similar story... Have you built or have plans to build one of the ft models?

DanT88

Welcome Dan! I used to do the rc trucks but when my pocketbook couldn’t handle them anymore, flitetest was a perfect find. I think @PoorManRC had a similar story... Have you built or have plans to build one of the ft models?
Absolutely want to build one with my son. Im just now kinda slowly getting him going on my WL toys Cesna 182 3ch plane its super easy to fly, Then once he gets the hang of that im going to get one of the Flite test planes and we will go from there. Definitely not getting out of the rc cars and trucks still own 8 of them, just diggin the planes alot now as well.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Absolutely want to build one with my son. Im just now kinda slowly getting him going on my WL toys Cesna 182 3ch plane its super easy to fly, Then once he gets the hang of that im going to get one of the Flite test planes and we will go from there. Definitely not getting out of the rc cars and trucks still own 8 of them, just diggin the planes alot now as well.
Sweet. Want a traxxas e revo? I’m trying to sell mine... 😂

skymaster

Elite member
Welcome to the forums, planes and rc cars what could be better. got my Tmaxx and rustler vxl ready for some bashing. enjoy and have fun.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Hello,

If you want to build a scratch build a plane with your son I would recommend the Flite Test Sparrow. The pusher version is cheaper and easier to build but harder to launch. If you build it as a chuck glider first you can get the hang of scratch building before building one that is rc. If you he flew a 3ch plane before and you want to have a 4ch one that can take a building perhaps build it. P.S. I may or may not have built 6 of these and you can keep on stretching the design.https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft-twin-sparrow